Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi, I´m trying to install the "JA Resume Theme for EasyBlog" plugin (easyblog_theme_resume.v1.0.3) on my testserver and I´m getting :

Warning

JInstaller: :Install: Can’t find XML setup file.
    Error

Unable to find install package

-> Could you please check the installation file ?

pavit Moderator

Hello

You should extract your downloaded zip file and export 2 themes in /components/com_easyblog/themes/ and not install them via Joomla extension manager.

Documentation page

rspiller Friend

After installing JA Resume and EasyBlog theme for JA Resume, the Easyblog pages look a bit messed up. I saw there was a warning in the browser console that a css file was being interpreted as txt/html, so I I tried loading that css file in the browser directly and got the error message below. A reference to min.css version is wrong… looking for 5.1.9 but there is only 5.1.7 and 5.1.8 on the site.

Multiple Choices

The document name you requested (/components/com_easyblog/themes/ja_resume_wall/styles/style-5.1.9.min.css) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.
    Available documents:

/components/com_easyblog/themes/ja_resume_wall/styles/style-5.1.7.min.css (mistyped character)
    /components/com_easyblog/themes/ja_resume_wall/styles/style-5.1.8.min.css (mistyped character)
    Furthermore, the following related documents were found:
    /components/com_easyblog/themes/ja_resume_wall/styles/style-5.1.7-rtl.min.css (common basename)
    /components/com_easyblog/themes/ja_resume_wall/styles/style-5.1.8-rtl.min.css (common basename)
    Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.

I cannot find the location where the version 5.1.7 or 5.1.8 or 5.1.9 is being set… would love to be able to change that and fix the filename issue.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  rspiller.
    rspiller Friend

UPDATE: After searching the Joomla 3.7.2 files, EasyBlog 5.1.9 files, and JA Resume 1.0.3 files, and database tables, I could not find any place where it was specifically referencing css filenames with 5.1.9, except where EasyBlog head includes seemed to be pulling in the easyblog.xml < version > number as a suffix on the css and js filenames.

The JA Resume files looks to be pre-minified manually at the Joomlart headquarters and bundled into the JA Resume EasyBlog theme. I have duplicated all 5.1.8 css files and renamed them with version 5.1.9 and uploaded them into the correct components directory on my site to sit alongside the 5.1.7 and 5.1.8 files. After deleting the page cache and refreshing the EasyBlog page on my site, the css is now loading without warning and the page formatting and styles are displaying as expected. A hack, but it works.

\easyblog_theme_resume.v1.0.3\components\com_easyblog\themes\ja_resume\styles\composer-5.1.8.min.css
    \easyblog_theme_resume.v1.0.3\components\com_easyblog\themes\ja_resume\styles\style-5.1.8.min.css
    \easyblog_theme_resume.v1.0.3\components\com_easyblog\themes\ja_resume\styles\style-modules-5.1.8.min.css

//duplicated and renamed to:

\easyblog_theme_resume.v1.0.3\components\com_easyblog\themes\ja_resume\styles\composer-5.1.9.min.css
    \easyblog_theme_resume.v1.0.3\components\com_easyblog\themes\ja_resume\styles\style-5.1.9.min.css
    \easyblog_theme_resume.v1.0.3\components\com_easyblog\themes\ja_resume\styles\style-modules-5.1.9.min.css

//then uploaded the 5.1.9 files into site:

/components/com_easyblog/themes/ja_resume/styles/

I have not fully tested my "hack", but I suspect it will work fine unless there are any selector changes between EasyBlog 5.1.8 and 5.1.9.

SOLUTION TO IMPLEMENT: The Joomlart developers need to test the template css with the new version of EasyBlog 5.1.9 and update the JA-Resume (and any JA Template compatible with easyblog) with version number 5.1.9 of the css files in the easyblog theme zips.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  rspiller.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rspiller 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum