Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I used VIC Rent Car’s translation features (for options and charateristics) but JA Rent seams do ignore them. I can see the translated strings only at the last page of booking (where I guess they are not pulled from JA Rents template).

For example: I translated the charateristics strings in Italian but on the car list page I still see the default english strings…

Is there something I can do to fix this…

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Could you share the credentials of your site and clarify steps by steps you proceed? so I will take a look and help you out.

Regards

fidi2610 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    fidi2610 Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It due to the cache.

I just tried to translate the name of this car for Italian: https://hirecarkefalonia.com/it/choose-vehicles-it?view=cardetails&carid=19 >> Clean all caches >> and you can see it works now.

Regards

fidi2610 Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

Did you try to test with default Joomla template like Beez or Protostar? If the string works, then there is problem with our template. Otherwise, something wrong happens with the translation feature of Vikrentcar extension.

fidi2610 Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

Let me check and will get back to you pretty soon.

fidi2610 Friend
    fidi2610 Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

I’m looking at this, will be back shortly.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I tried to rename the override for Vikrentcar component in JA Rent template folder but the Translations seems not work.

You can test by rename this folder: [root]/templates/ja_rent/html/com_vikrentcar/ and see how it goes

Or send me the FTP account so I will take a look.

Regards

fidi2610 Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I checked in their code but seems they load the value directly, there is no available method to use translation strings in this case unfortunately. You can also post the same question in their forum.

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum