Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

http://viequesstories.com/

Short story submission site for Vieques Island Service Industry Professionals.

Site by kineticillusions.com

Like many of you, I’ve lived and worked full time in the service industry on Vieques Island for many years. Over ten years in my case. In that time I’ve run a guesthouse, managed three of my own businesses, worked for almost every tourism-related business on the island and seen an incredible amount of craziness. And I’m not alone.

I know you, the service industry workers of Vieques, have your share of stories and I want to hear them. In fact, I want to print them in a snappy little book with a cool cover design. I also want to make an audio CD with your own voices telling your stories for other island workers throughout the Caribbean to laugh at or commiserate with.

I’m seeking stories from the bartenders and the dishwashers, the guesthouse managers and the waitresses. I want the stories we told each other at 3am next to a campfire on Navio beach; Stories that only other service industry professionals can understand and appreciate.

http://viequesstories.com/

sunrise Friend

Hi karlhus!

It is an intersting project and I hope you are able to collect lots of good, fun, exciting stories. Quite interseting pictures as well, I must say.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

karlhus JATC

Hi sunrise,

Thanks for the feedback. We’re already getting some great submissions. The template was fun and easy to work with and took about 8 hours from the basic idea to going live. Because of the nature of the project, we don’t really need much design or bells and whistles. Pyrite was perfect.

Happy New Year to you!

-Karl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  karlhus 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum