Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

I did not use the quickstart for this site and have no regrets. I absolutely love this template and will convert my Vallidi to Pyrite Quickstart and use green. This site is a ministry for me and great therapy. I have received rave reviews for the design from link referral members! Thank you JA!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Jhazzzzzzzzzzi

OOOOPS! I forgot the link, thanks Jay973 for reminding me! 🙂

http://www.myfmplace.com

jay973 Friend

Do you have a link so we can all see it?

jhazzi Friend

<em>@jay973 95133 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you have a link so we can all see it?</blockquote>
    😀 My apologies! Thanks, Jay!!

Happy Holidays!

ShannonN Friend

jhazzi;95126I did not use the quickstart for this site and have no regrets. I absolutely love this template and will convert my Vallidi to Pyrite Quickstart and use green. This site is a ministry for me and great therapy. I have received rave reviews for the design from link referral members! Thank you JA!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Jhazzzzzzzzzzi

OOOOPS! I forgot the link, thanks Jay973 for reminding me! 🙂

http://www.myfmplace.com

Looks good, content nice, as a Christian in Ministry I love the Party invitation! well done!

Did notice on my wide screen monitor (22″ 1024×768 res) the joomlart copyright message is on the same line as a banner dropping the word joomlart to the next line spoiling the balance of the text etc.

Please also replace the word Xmas with Christmas on the front page, I’d rather see the final sentence in the explanation of Christmas by Avis used …”Let’s keep Christ in Christmas! Let’s not X(mas) Him out”. perhaps as a pull quote?

Other than that you’ve done well
    In His Name
    Shannon

jhazzi Friend

<em>@ShannonN 95338 wrote:</em><blockquote>Looks good, content nice, as a Christian in Ministry I love the Party invitation! well done!

Did notice on my wide screen monitor (22″ 1024×768 res) the joomlart copyright message is on the same line as a banner dropping the word joomlart to the next line spoiling the balance of the text etc.

Please also replace the word Xmas with Christmas on the front page, I’d rather see the final sentence in the explanation of Christmas by Avis used …”Let’s keep Christ in Christmas! Let’s not X(mas) Him out”. perhaps as a pull quote?

Other than that you’ve done well
    In His Name
    Shannon</blockquote>

Shannon,

Thank you so very much. I agree with every correction/suggestion you’ve given. I will also add, I was not offended in any way. You have a way about you that is easily discerned. I know where the credit is given. I’m trying to phrase this correctly. I do believe this is the first time I was ever given improvements and not “constructive criticism.” You have not criticized anything. How refreshing you are, thank you!

For the life of me, I cannot find the file where the Joomlart design credits are. I want to correct that part. Also, I’ve corrected the Xmas to Christmas as you suggested. And I will checkout the typography and do a pull quote where stated on that article.

I’m happy you liked the invitation and the site. I cannot take credit for the invitation and should reflect it was received via email. I’ll do that. I do not want to mislead anyone.

I’m a newbie/novice and having fun learning. I also have help from other members. I’m grateful.

In the Spirit,
    Avis

sunrise Friend

Nice Site. I liked it. I looked around a bit and then got stuck on the soduko. Great idea. Where did you get the puzzle from?

ShannonN Friend

jhazzi;95347Shannon,

Thank you so very much. I agree with every correction/suggestion you’ve given. I will also add, I was not offended in any way. You have a way about you that is easily discerned. I know where the credit is given. I’m trying to phrase this correctly. I do believe this is the first time I was ever given improvements and not “constructive criticism.” You have not criticized anything. How refreshing you are, thank you!

For the life of me, I cannot find the file where the Joomlart design credits are. I want to correct that part. Also, I’ve corrected the Xmas to Christmas as you suggested. And I will checkout the typography and do a pull quote where stated on that article.

I’m happy you liked the invitation and the site. I cannot take credit for the invitation and should reflect it was received via email. I’ll do that. I do not want to mislead anyone.

I’m a newbie/novice and having fun learning. I also have help from other members. I’m grateful.

In the Spirit,
    Avis

Glad I am able to encourage you and wish to point out your work is good work both in the subject matter 🙂 and as a newbie you have created something that is a very stable and good working platform to learn and experiment upon. You have taken time to learn the way Joomla does things and have some artistic ability and talent to create suitable artwork.

I am soon to embark on a few religious offerings myself, redesigning my college web site and trying to make a generic Church site that will cover all denominations etc as a commercial trial venture. When ready I will ask you to evaluate my work and welcome your comments. Until then keep up the great work and have a blessed refreshing time over the Christmas celebration. From memory the Joomlart copyright details is in footer.php? or maybe there is a copyright.php file in that template can’t be sure?

By His blood we are saved
    ShannonN

jhazzi Friend

<em>@sunrise 95366 wrote:</em><blockquote>Nice Site. I liked it. I looked around a bit and then got stuck on the soduko. Great idea. Where did you get the puzzle from?</blockquote>

Thank you! I am trying to find the info you asked. I am trying to find the link. It came from Joomlacode.org and is a module called jsudoku. In my install/uninstall options, it is listed as a Joomla Project. It’s probably under “Games” but if you click on the lower right side of the game itself on the site, websudoku, it takes you to a link where you can embed html and place it on your site. Coming from Joomlacode.org you know it’s compatible and easy to install, however. You can even customize it. I wrote a short article and added it via menu.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you meet with success? I will do further research if you didn’t.
    Again, I’m glad you liked the site. I appreciate your comments!

Happy Holidays!

Jhazzzzzzzzzi:)

Here’s the link to download the game: http://www.visualclinic.fr/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,50/func,select/id,4/orderby,2/page,2/

This link is the info from Joomlacode: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1357/Itemid,35/

jhazzi Friend

<em>@ShannonN 95380 wrote:</em><blockquote>Glad I am able to encourage you and wish to point out your work is good work both in the subject matter 🙂 and as a newbie you have created something that is a very stable and good working platform to learn and experiment upon. You have taken time to learn the way Joomla does things and have some artistic ability and talent to create suitable artwork.

I am soon to embark on a few religious offerings myself, redesigning my college web site and trying to make a generic Church site that will cover all denominations etc as a commercial trial venture. When ready I will ask you to evaluate my work and welcome your comments. Until then keep up the great work and have a blessed refreshing time over the Christmas celebration. From memory the Joomlart copyright details is in footer.php? or maybe there is a copyright.php file in that template can’t be sure?

By His blood we are saved
    ShannonN</blockquote>

Shannon, you were very encouraging to me, thank you. I would be honored to assist you anyway I can with your new projects. Congrats on those!

About the JA copyright details, I haven’t found it but I adjusted the html for the banner by reducing its size. That idea popped in my head and it worked! (We know from where it came.)

Enjoy a holiday of love, peace, joy, happiness and cheer! Thank you for the immediate impact you have had in my life. *hugs* Isn’t He just AwESoMe?!?!

His redemptive blood,
    Jhazzi

bennitos Friend

Hey Jhazzi,

Great work on rebuilding the site!! I like this one way more compared to the old one.
    Ill have a go on changing the footer for you 🙂

Keep up the good work that you do and most important be happy!

Your friend,
    Bennitos

Oh And Have a great holiday everyone!!

jhazzi Friend

<em>@bennitos 95467 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey Jhazzi,

Great work on rebuilding the site!! I like this one way more compared to the old one.
    Ill have a go on changing the footer for you 🙂

Keep up the good work that you do and most important be happy!

Your friend,
    Bennitos

Oh And Have a great holiday everyone!!</blockquote>

Hiya Bennitos!

You’re the icing on the cake, thank you! Your compliments on the site mean the world to me! And thanks for offering to change the footer. Let’s have a chat about that as I’d like to add the AWC stuff to it.

You’re the one doing great work and for others, Bennitos. Thanks for all you do as well. 🙂

A Happy Holiday to you and yours! Blessings! You’ve made me smile. Thanks for stopping in.

Your friend,
    Jhazzzzzzzzi

neechyh Friend

Hi Jhazz!
    I am wishing you and your ministry all of the blessings that God has for you.

What did you use to play the music?

<em>@jhazzi 95433 wrote:</em><blockquote>Shannon, you were very encouraging to me, thank you. I would be honored to assist you anyway I can with your new projects. Congrats on those!

About the JA copyright details, I haven’t found it but I adjusted the html for the banner by reducing its size. That idea popped in my head and it worked! (We know from where it came.)

Enjoy a holiday of love, peace, joy, happiness and cheer! Thank you for the immediate impact you have had in my life. *hugs* Isn’t He just AwESoMe?!?!

His redemptive blood,
    Jhazzi</blockquote>

Aratype Friend

Hi Jhazz!

I observed the frontpage and noticed that when you go to a sub-menu all the page jumb… Can you manage to leave a blanc space for this sub-menu and not make all the page jumbing or this is manadatory in JA_Pyrite?

What I would suggest also is not to put a title for the menu, I mean “My FM Menu” as it is mentioned elsware…

Nice red love/rose work…

May God bless you!

jhazzi Friend

<em>@Aratype 112140 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Jhazz!

I observed the frontpage and noticed that when you go to a sub-menu all the page jumb… Can you manage to leave a blanc space for this sub-menu and not make all the page jumbing or this is manadatory in JA_Pyrite?

What I would suggest also is not to put a title for the menu, I mean “My FM Menu” as it is mentioned elsware…

Nice red love/rose work…

May God bless you!</blockquote>

Hi Aratype,

Thank you for visiting the site. I appreciate it very much. I also appreciate your suggestions. I will remove the “My F Menu” but I do not understand what you’re saying about the sub-menu and “jumbing.” Can you be more specific, please?

Thanks again,
    Jhazzi

Aratype Friend

Hi Jhazz,

Sorry to be not clear. When the mouse goes on the menu from home to My FM and then to Salvation you have no problem. However, when it goes on Preyer center you have suddenly the sub-title God’s promisis open and all the page lower then menu goes down in a flicker movement… When the mouse goes on Inspiration the lower side of the page goes up as there is no sub-title… I hope it is clear now…

By the way I found that “You are here: Home…etc.” stuffs are not necessary as we know were we are from the menu. you can deactivat this from the Module manager / Breadcrumbs… However, you have to delete You are here manually from the Joomla! file (en-GB.tpl_beez.ini)…

All the best,

Ara

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  annaleen 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum