Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I’ve been testing JA Purity for a new site. Things were going well until I decided to insert a table. The table wants to sit in the right column instead of the center of the page. If I put something like a poll in the right column it sits over the top of the displaced table. This only happens in Firefox. IE and Opera work fine.

If I use other templates the table is properly placed.

I’m using Joomla 1.5.0

http://zeta.genwebserver.com/~mnicca08/index.php/ag-links

Thanks,
    Lance O

Hung Dinh Friend

Put the float: left; style to your table

<table cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3" border="1" style="float: left;">

bigrk Friend

Moved thread. Posted to notify users.

zucom Friend

Good fix, works perfectly. Is there anywhere this fix can be put in the CSS so my users don’t have to remember to edit the table every time?

Thanks in advance, best free Joomla template I have seen.

kosinus Friend

You’ll find this line in ja_purity/html/com_content/article/default.php :

<div class=”article-content”>

Simply change it to:

<div class=”article-content” style=”float: left;”>

And it works.

Cheers, kosinus

kosinus Friend

actually, my “solution” seems to break the page layout in IE7 in certain cases (i.e. “1 column + left” in the JA Purity demo) while it works fine with FF.
    so on second thought i’d advise you to just use it on all tables seperately.

sorry for any confusion i may have caused, but i haven’t noticed earlier.
    :-[

p17blo Friend

Can a fix be supplied for this rather than a workaround?

I love the template, and obviously so do the guys as Joomla but the table issue in Firefox seems to be a huge bug.

I have tried to publish many items, including the googlemaps plugin for example, that end up on the far right of the page. I cannot add the float left table statement as all I enter into the page is a tag.

I am worried about future computability with modules, plug-ins and components.

This seem very fundamental to me. Is there any reason why this problem occurs with the purity template and not others?

Paul

p17blo Friend

I am dissapointed looking back at this thread that this problem was notified back in February and there seems to be no real sense of getting this fixed.

Whereever you look you will see that Firefox is now the 2nd (or in some polls first) popular web browser.

This may well be a ‘free’ template but that doesn’t mean that this can just be released and forgotton about. What is the team coding Joomla has thought the same way? As this template is now supplied with the Joomla 1.5 distribution this matter should be addressed.

I hope that JoomlArt have not simply released this template in an effort to draw attention to their subscription based services.

Paul

tubbergen Friend

I’m as fearful and doubtful as p17blo is… Still no real fix I guess… :((

valepi Friend

As anyone still has this problem?

witchofgermany Friend

Hi,

I have been using JA_Purity extensively over the years, because I really like it and it is easily adaptable. Thank you for the templae!

For the first time now and in only one implementation (multi-language site … maybe the multi-language component MN17 is doing something?), I am having the problem that when I include a page break in an article, which generates a Table of Contents box, the entire layout of the template “breaks”: the right column shifts to the left and the contents of the left column can be found beneath the article.

I am running Joomla! 1.5.17 … of course I have now taken all page breaks out of my articles, to ensure that the layout remains as it is supposed to be … so I cannot demonstrate the problem … unless we can arrange a time frame, during which I could quickly include a page break in an article so that you can see what happens for yourself.

Thank you for any help you can give me with this.

valepi Friend

Got to show us the page with the problem.. It doest seem the same problem with the tables inside articles.

witchofgermany Friend

The page with a TOC, which breaks the template is here:

http://www.projectezone.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5:website-vs-webloesung&catid=4:webcms&Itemid=17

Interestingly, if I insert an additional </div> in index.php (of the template) before the “bottom spotlight” code, the left menu appears properly on the page … however, that then breaks the layout of all the other pages … Is it possible that the TOC part (or some other module…) is – for some reason – missing a </div>? When I try to validate the page, it comes up with exactly that … a missing </div>!

Any help would be much appreciated!

valepi Friend

Its does seem a index.php problem..And for that you could do a simple teste, extract a fresh joomla ja_purity index.php and replace your. See if the problem remains.If not, try to fetch the diference.

If it doesnt works, try to disable all the modules and see if the problem remains. If not, turn them one by one.

Then, and because i dont have access to the files, you can just start a fresh installation, connect it to your database and replace the ja_purity folder with your already modified. If its ok, start replacing folders one by one, till you get the problem.

Between replaces, go refreshing the page, of course.

If you cant solve the problem, then give us some access to the files in a temporary folder or something.

Good luck

witchofgermany Friend

Thank you for the hints and your time. By going through them, I came to the solution:

It was my very own fault … I had used a <div>-tag in the text and had closed it at the very end … but through the page break the </div> was not reached … which lead to this problem … now, everything is fine.

Thank you again for your time … and for the great template.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  witchofgermany 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum