Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    thank you for updating the Purity II to v1.2.1. I hope it solves some megamenu issues that seems to be crucial on FF4/5 and Chrome, as far as I know. A client reported strange menu behavior i.e. not closing menus.

I wanted to know more about the changelog and I was glad to find the new online compare function. But, I doubt that it is really useful. It shows almost any file as updated?!? If you open one of the files and browse the content, there are a lot of un-important differences like blank lines… :((

Is it possible to get the line-numbers or excerpts that will show the crucial changes ?!

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Did you know our online tools to check update and comparing at update.joomlart.com?
    Here is compare result between purity version 1.2.1 and 1.2.0 for your checking
    http://update.joomlart.com/#compare/ja_purity_ii_j15/1.2.1/1.2.0

pepperstreet Friend

Yes, sure. Actually, that is exactly the problem 😉

There are a lot! of files marked as updated. But in fact they are not updated. Please, have a look at -> handheld -> layout.css
    http://update.joomlart.com/index.php?option=diff.view&layout=blank&product=ja_purity_ii_j15&ver1=1.2.1&ver2=1.2.0#

There is no difference in content! Except for the blank lines and different use of linefeeds. The code is absolutely identical. I think this will apply to almost all files marked as updated! That why I posted the term “unusable” in the title. How should one compare and update the vast amount of files, if there is no real comparison… it makes no sense at all. :confused: :((

Did you get the idea…
    Thanks for listening.

fade2gray Friend

<em>@pepperstreet 250753 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is no difference in content! Except for the blank lines and different use of linefeeds. The code is absolutely identical. I think this will apply to almost all files marked as updated! That why I posted the term “unusable” in the title. How should one compare and update the vast amount of files</blockquote>

Take a look at html/com_content/article/default.php – there’s one – is that one too few:confused:

39 of 218 files vast.:confused:

Instead of making such a fuss over a minor irritation concerning an excellent free template (primarily used for testing and development), why not use a tool like WinMerge, set to ignore white space and line return differences, to compare the two. Simple. :laugh:

pepperstreet Friend

@fade2gray
    So, you are pleased with the compare function? I wonder why, i am not. Its a great idea and included service, but not really usable.

No doubt, the template is great, thats why i used it serveral times. There are also installs with heavy manipulation of the purityII files. So, it would be very helpfull to get an accurate result from the comparison. The amount of changes might be “low” on first sight, but multiple installs with different changes sums-up like crazy! Even harder and time-consuming, if you are not responsible for the changes.
    Its relatively easy to compare the original files… and check the importance of the differences. Later, I can decide, if an update makes sense at all.

Ignore whitespace/returns etc. is a good point! Wouldn’t it be THE feature for the JA compare function? This would blow all issues and concerns away…

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hi Pepperstreet,

As you know, It’s hard to write a perfect diff tools.
    We’re sorry if it works incorrectly in some case :).

We don’t have a plan to update this tool now, but we’ll keep your opinion in mind for the next update 🙂

fade2gray Friend

<em>@pepperstreet 251268 wrote:</em><blockquote>So, you are pleased with the compare function? I wonder why, i am not.</blockquote>Yes, absolutey fine for quick reference where you expect to find a difference in a file; it does ‘what it says on the label’.

<em>@pepperstreet 251268 wrote:</em><blockquote>Its a great idea and included service, but not really usable.</blockquote>It is usable and no matter what spin you put on it, you’re just making yourself sound like a spoiled brat who demands to be spoon fed.

pepperstreet Friend

@fade2gray
    Your replies and posts are ridiculous… how old are you??? :laugh:

pepperstreet Friend

@ thanhnv
    Thanks for listening!
    (As I mentioned already, Purity and T3 are great) 😎 :-*

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pepperstreet 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum