Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi, I want to use a wider logo than the default logo size. The problem is only the space covering the default size is visible and the rest comes under the blue header (I’m using the blue version). Is there some code I can fiddle with to make this work?

sbrawner Friend

Azee.
    Around line 954 in template.css look for this:

h1.logo a {
    width: 207px;
    display: block;

Change where it says ‘width’ to whatever your logo width is.

You can also make the logo space taller by searching and replacing ’80px’ in your template.css with the height you want. However you not only have to make your logo taller, you have to make the masked image taller as well as the PNG that provides the transparency for the masking. Another thing I noticed is that the font size adjuster dealy aligns to the top while the search box aligns to the bottom so these will spread out vertically if you make your logo bar taller.

azee1v1 Friend

thanks for responding… now that I have made my logo wider, I need to change the masking file. I think this template is really great, I love how they separated a file to take care of assigning variables.

I was also wondering how many files would I need to change or add in order to introduce a new color other than the ones that come standard as part of the template.

sbrawner Friend

Well, in addition to the .css files you would have to change, if you are altering the main colors you’ll have to change a number of gifs in templates/ja_purity/images, pretty much everything that ends in -bl.gif

Color codes are in /templates/ja_purity/styles/header/blue/style.css
    You’ll need to change the transparent header mask in /templates/ja_purity/styles/header/blue/images/header-mask.png (good luck with this).

I think there’s more. I’m looking for the color code for the stupid dropdown menu on the green style but can’t find it, it’s driving me nuts.

For a custom color Purity look, check out http://www.britishcarclubcharleston.com. I still haven’t got the mask png right, it looks OK in FF but like crap in IE.

joomla_prutser Friend

You’ll need to change the transparent header mask in /templates/ja_purity/styles/header/blue/images/header-mask.png (good luck with this).

Wow, you’ve got a very good looking site!

I would like to use the JA_Purity template too, but changing the colors is driving me nuts also… :-[
    How did you change the header-mask.png???

jwright Friend

How would I add Brown as a color option?

jwright Friend

<em>@jwright 47073 wrote:</em><blockquote>How would I add Brown as a color option?</blockquote>

I need someone to help me change the color scheme to brown. I’m using joomla 1.52
    Any one?

bigrk Friend

Moved thread. Posted to notify users.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bigrk 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum