Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I wanted to use the extension JA Promo Bar, but unfortunately it causes trouble with the “headline” bar and the “menu” bar.

See the screenshots (or see live on http://www.fesdig.com/en/)

Regular layout (without JA Promo Bar or with Promo Bar “closed with its arrow”)

“Broken” layout when JA Promo Bar is opened

What can we do to make Promo Bar work normally, without breaking the layout ?

Txs ! 🙂

1. 2014-08-13_15h27_30
    2. 2014-08-13_15h27_50
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello @woluweb
    Please PM me your site admin credentials and FTP details of your site , so that i can fix this issue on your site 🙂

woluweb Friend

Hi Pankasharma,

I send you the credentials immediataly. If you find the solution, post it here so that others can benefit from the experience 🙂

Marc

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<blockquote>I send you the credentials immediataly. If you find the solution, post it here so that others can benefit from the experience 🙂
    </blockquote>
    Yes i got the details , but i have not got the FTP details .
    Please send me FTP details

i will check the issue and fix it on your site ,also share the solution here .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI i fixed the issue on your site .
    here are the changes
    Open modulesmod_japromobartmpldefault.php file

change this code

if($('.navbar-collapse-fixed-top').length){

if(type=='opened' || type==''){

$('.navbar-collapse-fixed-top').animate({'top': ja_promo_bar_height+'px'}, '<?php echo $speed; ?>', '<?php echo $easingOpen; ?>');

}else{

$('.navbar-collapse-fixed-top').animate({'top': 0}, '<?php echo $speed; ?>', '<?php echo $easingOpen; ?>');

}

}

into

if($('.wrap.toolbar').length){

if(type=='opened' || type==''){

$('.wrap.toolbar').animate({'top': ja_promo_bar_height+'px'}, '<?php echo $speed; ?>', '<?php echo $easingOpen; ?>');

}else{

$('.wrap.toolbar').animate({'top': 0}, '<?php echo $speed; ?>', '<?php echo $easingOpen; ?>');

}

}

Please check your site now .

woluweb Friend

It looks like it’s working great !
    Txs a lot, Pankajsharma 🙂

I will test it more in details on monday.
    By the way, how to avoid it from being overriden with future updates of JA Promo Bar ?
    Simply create Template Override of that single file ?

Once again, txs for the good work on that tricky thing ! It was not obvious…

Marc

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<blockquote>By the way, how to avoid it from being overriden with future updates of JA Promo Bar ?</blockquote>
    currently there is no update present for the Promobar ,as its already working well.
    for future i suggest you to save the custom code . because if you create template override for module , then you need to create it again when there is an update , so simply save the above code
    otherwise we are always here to help you 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum