Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hi all,
    if I add a caption (with class=”caption” title=”the title”) in an image, JA Popup stops working (the image isn’t a link); removing <class=”caption”> it works well.
    I’m using 2.6.2 version and I’m using also JA Thumbnails (in Joomla 3.3)

Add: sometimes, after having done some tries I get this message “The requested content cannot be loaded.
    Please try again later” and no image is displayed, also without “caption”…

What could be the problem?
    Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

Salvo

salvomic Friend

found a workaround here: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=32458&start=0
    when it says
    $el.parent().before($container, $el);and change it to:
    $el.before($container);

but in Joomla 3.3 the file /media/caption.js is different, so I changed:
    h.parent().before(k,h);
    in
    h.before(k,h);

Doing so, I can see caption below the “JA thumbnail” thumbnail and I can clic activating JA Popup.
    Ok, now. But JA Popup doesn’t show in it title (caption), also if the “Add title to tag” is selected in JA Popup

Still, a bit of help, please 🙂

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Could you please provide your site url with the link to that image so I can have a look first ?

salvomic Friend

thank you, Adam.
    Please, let’s look at http://www.ondaiblea.it. Now the workaround works well on JA Thumbnail but no “caption” in the images in JA Popup…

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I have checked both your site and your previous post then realized that you went the wrong direction. If you want to add caption to your image, you only have to add title attribute in your img tag then go to Extensions >>> Plugin Manager >>> System – JA Popup >>> in option Add title to tag >>> choose Yes.

salvomic Friend

thanks Adam. However “add title to tag” is already set, now.
    Without my manual correction to the file, the editor put a tag <figure> and a tag <figcaption> and there is still the problem also with “add title to tag”, almost here, with Joomla 3.3…

Have a nice day!
    Salvo

Adam M Moderator

Hi Salvo,

In this case, please provide a temporary back-end account via private reply, I need to take a closer look at your site in order to investigate the issue.

salvomic Friend

thanks Adam, ok, you’ve PM, please then let me know

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  salvomic 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum