Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Everyone has their own taste. I am not speaking for 99 percent of us. I just try to give an extra option for us. And that’s why the membership model makes sense here, you use your favorite template and other user their favorite ones, there is no point in complaining about the the one which you don’t like. When you don’t like you normally don’t see the value of it.

Stay tuned for the next one.

PS: Let’s make Web, not war and give the 1 page design a piece of your love http://onepagelove.com/

splico123 Friend

I see you have totally missed the point i tried to make.

The main point was that JA started to follow most of templates way of thinking, which seems to me (and you saw in many of your forums too) that you guys just put out your templates to do a monthly only… with no regard for usability, design, user experience.

That is the point, and not to rant, not to say you guys sux, or anything of that. I wanted to give you a reason to look back at your beginnings and to actually do something about it, to get on top of template industry and not to be mediocre at best which JA is atm, and that is not personal opinion but opinion of good number of community members.

I want to help out with good critiques with good and detailed help in forums etc. but you guys have to do majority of work for us.

Blaine Friend

I don’t agree and we are all entitled to our opinions.
    This one page template is superlative for the right web site.
    As far as JA being:
    <blockquote>on top of template industry </blockquote>
    well, we are! JoomlaBamboo has a lovely piece written on why they are abandoning their Zen Framework and moving over to T3 framework. You can read it here and I think that says volumes of where JA is in the template industry. But this is only my opinion. 😉

splico123 Friend

<em>@Blaine 356164 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t agree and we are all entitled to our opinions.
    This one page template is superlative for the right web site.</blockquote>

True on first part but second statement is so funny that we posted it on our wall, of course with explanation that its meant for one page design 🙂 you are funny.

And Truth hurts, as we can see here, so don’t defend something that’s wrong. Until majority of web users say its better way, for now it stays where it belongs, bottom.

As far as for T3 you are right, its best framework and that was, and still is, but that was never in question here, the question is design policy of JA which is going down in quality lately as a lot of JA users stated throughout your own forums and also other joomla forums as well.. that is what this was supposed to bring to attention and hopefully make JA do some rethinking in design directions.

Not to rant, not to be an idiot and fight, its just friendly wake-up call for JA stuff because as a member said earlier in the thread, JA can do much better than mediocre design. and we all want that.
    And i know Hung Dinh is smart enough that he sees we are right in what we call going down in quality.

So if you are taking this too personal that’s fine but i wouldn’t, i would take it as friendly critique.

swissa Friend

splico123,

I think the views on scrolling will change. They will have to as more of the web is read on mobile devices. It’s scroll or swipe as the ‘real estate’ just isn’t there as with a desktop. That’s a design challenge as I’m finding out on a current project. Apps are expensive to build and maintain and in reality html5 is good enough even if you have to use wrappers. My view only by the way.

Because I don’t do Fu**book or Twatter, I’d like to append a comment to Hung’s latest blog post if I may. Prescient to this topic!

When you look back at 2012, JA did bite off a lot! Some may say that it was possibly too much to chew but 2012 is behind us – with Lens being MY masterpiece of the year. I know we haven’t always seen eye-to-eye so I appreciate that you take on board constructive criticism from members. Therefore, in addition to your Short Outlook for 2013, I look forward to JA turning to the aesthetics of web design with some real show stopping beautiful templates coming from the design team. Think exploring Keira Knightly NOT Roseanne Barr!! 🙂

2013 – Bring it on!

splico123 Friend

<em>@swissa 356342 wrote:</em><blockquote>splico123,

I think the views on scrolling will change. They will have to as more of the web is read on mobile devices. It’s scroll or swipe as the ‘real estate’ just isn’t there as with a desktop. That’s a design challenge as I’m finding out on a current project. Apps are expensive to build and maintain and in reality html5 is good enough even if you have to use wrappers. My view only by the way.

Because I don’t do Fu**book or Twatter, I’d like to append a comment to Hung’s latest blog post if I may. Prescient to this topic!

When you look back at 2012, JA did bite off a lot! Some may say that it was possibly too much to chew but 2012 is behind us – with Lens being MY masterpiece of the year. I know we haven’t always seen eye-to-eye so I appreciate that you take on board constructive criticism from members. Therefore, in addition to your Short Outlook for 2013, I look forward to JA turning to the aesthetics of web design with some real show stopping beautiful templates coming from the design team. Think exploring Keira Knightly NOT Roseanne Barr!! 🙂

2013 – Bring it on!</blockquote>

I am optimist, and besides i am user with long running subscription to JA and for sure will not drop it because i believe in JA and their team.

Lets see what future brings.

Blaine Friend

<em>@splico123 356294 wrote:</em><blockquote>True on first part but second statement is so funny that we posted it on our wall, of course with explanation that its meant for one page design 🙂 you are funny.

So if you are taking this too personal that’s fine but i wouldn’t, i would take it as friendly critique.</blockquote>

Don’t know what you found so funny , but I am thrilled I gave you a chuckle as we all need to smile. :p

As for taking it personal, no way! :laugh: I had NOTHING to do with this template. I was simply expressing MY view point as you expressed yours. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Blaine 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum