Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Two issues:
    (a) the front page centre column WILPF NEWS with article title Make it Binding has loads of space at the bottom which pushes the main content down the page. I cannot get rid of this space.

(b) left hand column – when you click on any article content it puts the page info at the bottom of the page but I want it to go to a new page – is this possible – when it displays on the bottom of the page you cannot see the text because the box is grey background and off the screen so the user would think that nothing has changed on the page because they only see the slideshow – can I change so that we click to a new page?

Thank you for your help.

jennyblain Friend

I have solved the issue (b) above by reading one of your other posts and creating a hidden menu named NEWS which displays all the articles that are in the category used by the slideshow. Thank you for this information. Part (a) remains a problem – where should I post this question to get a reply?
    BTW I think this post may be in the wrong section of the forum and I apologise. Still finding my way around all this.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<blockquote>(a) the front page centre column WILPF NEWS with article title Make it Binding has loads of space at the bottom which pushes the main content down the page. I cannot get rid of this space. </blockquote>

I tried to login admin of your site but no success. You can pm me again admin access of your site. I shall help you fix it

jennyblain Friend

Any suggestions as to how I can correct this issue?

Ninja Lead Moderator

This way will help you fix this problem

Open templates/ja_nex/blocks/spotlight.php file

find

<script type="text/javascript">
    window.addEvent('load', function (){
    //equalHeight ('#ja-<?php echo $name ?> .ja-box-wrap');
    equalHeightEx('#ja-<?php echo $name ?> .ja-box-wrap', '.ja-box');
    });
    </script>

change to

equalHeightEx('#ja-<?php echo $name ?> .ja-box-wrap');
    });
    </script>

Remember to clear cache from Admin area. Let me know if it helps

jennyblain Friend

Thank you – this has removed all the white space but of course now I have three boxes of different heights. I guess the code above was meant to try to equalise these boxes but it wasn’t working correctly. Is there anything I can do to equalise the boxes?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yes, the code above was used to equalise these boxes(sl1-1,sl1-2 position), i have added back code below into spotlight.php file

equalHeightEx('#ja-<?php echo $name ?> .ja-box-wrap', '.ja-box');
    });
    </script>

Please check about on your site again

jennyblain Friend

YOu are a magician – many thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jennyblain 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum