Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

All was working great for a few weeks, now my JA newsticker is acting up on my newswebsite.
    It is no longer refreshing and showing new articles. And after a while, the links are no longer linking to the right pages, but to pages that do not even support the teline III lay-out.

I have deleted the newsticker from my website and placed the module back, but same thing happens. It will work for a little bit (few hours) and than links will no longer link correctly.

(Also, logo of my site has slowly disappeared from all my pages, don’t know if this is connected).

Weird!

I tried to use a different JA newsticker template, like the teline II and IV, but they all have the same issue.

Help!

Chris

pavit Moderator

Hi

From the advanced options of the Ja_Newsticker module try to disable the module cache

chrisdodutch Friend

How do I do that? (Newbie here)
    Thanks!

pavit Moderator

<em>@chrisdodutch 319656 wrote:</em><blockquote>How do I do that? (Newbie here)
    Thanks!</blockquote>

From your backend — Extensions — Module manager — filter for Type and select Ja_News Sticker Module — Click on it after opened on the right panel Advanced Options — Caching select “don’t cache”

Save and clean your JaT3 Cache from Site — Manteinance — Clear Cache

Refresh your front end

chrisdodutch Friend

Nope. Did not work. (Thanks for the clear instructions, by the way!)
    The Caching on the ticker was already on “don’t cache”. I cleared the cache under maintenance anyways, but that did not help.
    Still weird links.

chrisdodutch Friend

<em>@chrisdodutch 319661 wrote:</em><blockquote>Nope. Did not work. (Thanks for the clear instructions, by the way!)
    The Caching on the ticker was already on “don’t cache”. I cleared the cache under maintenance anyways, but that did not help.
    Still weird links.</blockquote>
    Did work later when I simply threw the whole thing out, removed everything (ticker, cache etc) and started over. Now it works just fine. It was indeed the cache! :p

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chrisdodutch 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum