Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dear Buddies,
    I have received many messages regard to the issue: JA NewsLight display in all pages, even when choosing display only in Home.

SOLUTIONS:
    Go to your Administrator Area, choose any menu you want, for example, I will choose othermenu (because I don’t want this menu item to be displayed). Otherwise, you can choose mainmenu, topmenu.

Then, click on the button New button to create new menu item.

Choose Blog Content Section and choose link to All Sections

Put any name you want, in my example, I put News in the Name box. Then click Save
    Now you will see there are a new item has been created, remember to Publish it.

Back to FrontPage and check. Tada! Problem fixed.

You might wonder what exactly this problem is?
    It’s is Joomla! issue its self and not JA NewsLight problem. When navigate to a content item, Joomla! will looking for the menu item link to that section to assign Itemid, if not found it will assign Itemid=1 to the URL. Unfortunately, the id=1 IS the Home menu item. That will make Joomla! think it still in Homepage, and JA NewsLight still displayed.

Well, that’s it. If you are in need of further assistance, you know that you can always PM me 🙂

ebaart Friend

I use 1.5RC4 and can’t find a way to publish a blog content section for all sections. Only possible for one section and it did not solve this issue…
    Anybody got a solution ?

j0ly Friend

I agree, this did not work for me either

kletcher Friend

Go to Extensions>Module Manager. Click on JA Newslight. In the “Menu Assignment” area, click “Select Meny Item(s) from the List, and then select only those menu items linked to sections where you want the Newslight module to appear. (By default, the all menu items are selected).

buzybonnie Friend

I do not have a blog section. I used the joomlart preconfigured package. Does this workaround work with any other category or only with “blog”.

My settings for the module itself are all to home only and even tried refreshing it and i still get it showing up on other pages. Interestingly it doesn’t show up with joomla core content, but i also use joomsuite content, and it shows up in those… hhmmmmm…

now what?

novelco Friend

Okay, this worked on my Joomla 1.5.8. Would be helpful if you had a walk through for that. As you kind of have to wander a bit before getting there. Basically though, create a new menu, blog style sections. Add content to that menu by selecting the category and you’re good to go. Not real sure how it works, but just happy I didn’t have to spend a whole lot of time dealing with it.

pitrolo Friend

… but is there a solution for joomla 1.5?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  pitrolo 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum