Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I installed the latest version of JA NEWS from my new extentions folder V.1.3 for my template JA Quillaja. I still have older version of my template installed, V 1.1. From the changelog information in the new version of JA Quillaja I cannot determine if I need to upgrade my template as well.
    The attahced image shows the text spacing around the images in the JA news area after I installed the new version of JA news. It messed up the spacing and has big gaps and indentations that was not there before. When I open up the articles and look at them in the editor, it appears nothing has changed. Do I need to install the new template V 1.3 now to correct this? If so, will it write over all my article images and text with default images from template? I’m using Joomla 1.5.6 and my website is rochesterjams.com, thank you. :confused:

Sherlock Friend

ok sbaldwin !
    i have got the problem , Please send accoun to view your site .

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Hainn84!
    Thanks so much…I sent PM to you. Please let me know if you need anything else…

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Hainn84,
    How did you make out finding the problem? Should I install the new Quickstart template v1.3? I have newer JA NEWS but not New template. The text in JA news look right in editor but not on Home page. Thank you.

gypsygirl94 Friend

Could we have the resolution posted in this thread please? There are others having the same problem. Thanks.

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Gypsy Girl,
    I never heard back about what to do next. Hopefully we will know soon, thanks!

Sherlock Friend

Hi sbaldwin !
    sorry for delay ! i’m will check it for you now !

Sherlock Friend

i have go to your site , but it seems your account ( what you send me via pm ) have disabled, please reactive it , so i can view your site !

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Hainn84,
    Will do, thanks!

Sherlock Friend

Hi sbaldwin !
    there is problem in smarttrim function of ja news in your site , you get ja news from quillaja package ? do you think about if i reinstall it for you ?

sbaldwin Friend

Sure no problem! Yes, I got the JA News from JA Download sometime later. It was from the updated JA news files. Let me know if you need me to send you the file. Thank you!

Sherlock Friend

Hi sbaldwin !
    Please check it again ! it seems ok now ! i have seted max char of ja news panel config and it is ok now !

sbaldwin Friend

Looks GREAT now! Works like a charm… Thank you!

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Hain!

This works like a charm now! Looks GREAT! Thanks for the fix. Just curious…what was the the setting in config file?

Sherlock Friend

Hi sbaldwin !
    – I go to admin >> extensions >> module manager >> ja news module
    on right panel , i set max char to “120”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum