Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi JA, two questions that i can’t resolve:

1. When I post a new article Ja news pro don’t update, the only way i found to update is enter to module and then click on “save & close”, doing that works but is a tedious way. All cache is turned off and development mode on like someone here recommends.

2. I want to hide “welcome to frontpage” (Inicio in my case) but when i turn off using “Hide main content block” if you enter to an article it shows a blank page, maybe is another way to hide that thing…

3. When you use the search module it show the results at the final of the main page and not into a new page.

Thanks in advance, hope you can help me 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@jcueva 279829 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    2. I want to hide “welcome to frontpage” (Inicio in my case) but when i turn off using “Hide main content block” if you enter to an article it shows a blank page, maybe is another way to hide that thing…
    :)</blockquote>

for this issue, there are two solutions . . .

ONE:
    – Within your Menu Manager, select Main Menu and then select your “Home” menu item

– Within the “Page Display Options” tab on the right, in the “Browser Page Title” field, you will see the “Welcome to the Frontpage” message

– Either change or delete the message – save changes – clear cache – refresh page

OR

TWO:
    Open /administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_jat3.ini
    and at the top you will see, at line 4

HOME PAGE TITLE=Welcome to the Frontpage

You can remove the message here entirely

jcueva Friend

Hi, solution 1 works and message is gone, but there is some blank minimal space, i can live with that

Hope someone can help me with the other two questions!

1. frontpage-print
    vipcory Friend

I have the same problem, I gotta go in the module and save it for it to update… but doubt will find solution since its been 12 days since you posted this 🙁

HeR0 Friend

Hi Jcueva
    I can not access your site, please resend information of your site , i need check bugs on it.
    <blockquote>1. When I post a new article Ja news pro don’t update, the only way i found to update is enter to module and then click on “save & close”, doing that works but is a tedious way. All cache is turned off and development mode on like someone here recommends.</blockquote>
    May be incorrect config parmas, you should interest to “Articles Sorted By” and “Ascending or Descending”

jcueva Friend

Now my site is available, was an error with some config in the server, momentarily i changed the template to Teline III (testing a fatal error with IV) but ja news pro don’t update neither, the only way is enter the module – save & quit – clean t3 cache, hope you can help me now 🙂

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi jcueva,

I need information your site(URL, FTP, account access Admin site) because i need to check your mention about but i have go to your site but it’s die:(

Thanks
    Tam

robnob Friend

Has this been answered? I also am having trouble with the JA News Sticker…
    I edit an article that is currently using Lorim Ipsum and the frontpage news sticker does not update the text.
    Can anyone help with this?
    Thank you, RobNob

TomC Moderator

jcueva . . .

We are still waiting for the additional requested info to more deeply investigate this issue.

Can you please provide the url to your site, temporary site administration access and FTP info so we can try to investigate further? You can PM this info to me to keep it off of the public forum.

Looking forward to hearing from you further.

Sherlock Friend

Hi for your two other issues,

1. When I post a new article Ja news pro don’t update, the only way i found to update is enter to module and then click on “save & close”, doing that works but is a tedious way. All cache is turned off and development mode on like someone here recommends.
    Please check to see if you enable the cache in the module setting, it is under the “Advanced Parameters” panel.

3. When you use the search module it show the results at the final of the main page and not into a new page.
    you need to create a new menu item that refer to the search component and remember do not assign any modules to display on that new menu item.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum