Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have JA-News on my home page. Its set to 3 columns and display 3 categories, lets say 10,11,12. However this module only displays news from 10 and 11. Even when I set this to 1 column and with only category as 12, I get nothing. However when I set the category to 10 or 11, I can see these.

All settings that I can see are same in 10 and 12 except name. I can’t figure out so far why this is happening. Please help.

ha le-viet Developer

Hi amitjindal,

I guess your category with ID 12 have no content items in it. Can you post your live site url here?

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

amitjindal Friend

You should give me a little more credit than that… 🙂
    There are content items in the category.

My site in on local server so I cannot provide a URL, but if you want I can provide some generated HTML etc.

ha le-viet Developer

Hi amitjindal,

It seems like a problem with database/content and in this case I need a live site to log in administrative panel and investigate.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

amitjindal Friend

Thanks for the offer, but my site is local. You cannot access this site.
    I will figure this out eventually.
    I was just wondering if someone else has seen something like this and how did they get this to work…

arba Friend

<em>@amitjindal 7836 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the offer, but my site is local. You cannot access this site.
    I will figure this out eventually.
    I was just wondering if someone else has seen something like this and how did they get this to work…</blockquote>

I have similar problem ,ja news dont wont to show me new maded categories ,when I put the number of old categories (what was there before I install xenia template ) everything is fine ,but today I made new categories ,asigned their numbers to ja news category ID and complete template broke ,everything get mish mash and desordered.
    Here is the link http://jomla.elegancereef.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

That is hapening only with new maded categories ,there is content item in that categories.
    I just spend 10 days solving bugs with news rotator and now that >:(

kaj Friend

I experience a similar issue. In my case it’s on a new, fresh, local installation of news 1.0.5 on Joomla 1.0.12.
    1. I created a new category and added an article, #1, in this category – nothing showed up
    2. I created another article, #2, in the same category – the category and article #1 is shown, not #2
    3. I created article #3 in the same category – article #2 is shown but not #3.

Strange ;-]

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi all,
    JA news show both headline news and category news. The first news showed in headline will not show in its category (we remove duplicated show).
    <blockquote>
    1. I created a new category and added an article, #1, in this category – nothing showed up
    2. I created another article, #2, in the same category – the category and article #1 is shown, not #2
    3. I created article #3 in the same category – article #2 is shown but not #3.
    </blockquote>
    In this case, if you donot allow the article #3 show on frontpage, it will show on the category.

kaj Friend

Hi khanh,

Thanks for the explanation, tested my local site by not ticking the “Show on Frontpage” and then the article is displayed in the category (but not in the rolling news).

Thanks once again for your reply

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kaj 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum