Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello all, I’m attempting to use the JA-News module with Dravity but am having trouble getting the images to display, both in the scrolling news item and in the categories below. Using Joomla 1.0.15. I’ve followed the instructions in this forum about setting the parameters to 0, etc. but still without luck.

I’m probably overlooking something simple! But I’ve checked and tried plenty of things without any change, and am a bit stuck. Could anyone help please? The site is currently being built at http://test.fine-print.com.au

Cheers,
    Angela

lehoai Friend

You should check again the config of module in admin cp. It has a option is show image or not. Set its to yes to show images.

amturner Friend

Thanks lehoai for your reply. The option is already set to show images. I have attached a screen shot of the module in admin control panel.

Are there any other suggestions as to how this might be fixed?

Thank you,
    Angela

1. ja-news_ss
    amturner Friend

I’ve had no luck in getting the images to appear yet. In an attempt to try and problem solve the issue, I’ve tried 5 further installs of Joomla and the Dravity template and JA News, without any new additional modules installed. (Also tried backing up and updating tables one by one using phpAdmin to see if it was a conflict with one particular entry/table… but that didn’t reveal anything.)

I know that these things don’t really have their own opinion… but it would appear that the JA News module doesn’t like my categories/sections!

I also tested the theory that it might only work with MOSImages. I tried this, and then received this error message:

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open ‘/directory/directory/name.jpg’ for writing in /modules/ja_news/helper.php on line 127

(Removed long listing of actual directories/file names for clarity in the above text).

Is this just related to MOSimages or does this perhaps also point to the cause of being unable to get any images to display on the front page within JA News?

I’m not sure what else I can try… does anyone please have any further suggestions or ideas? Thankyou.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  amturner 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum