Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

JA News Modules Installation Guide(ja-news.zip)
    [position: content-bot]

Step 1: Installation
    You follow simple steps below:1/ Install the module via Joomla Installer
    2/ Assign module to the position: {content-bot}
    3/ Enable the module

Then, the module is instantly available in your front-end. If you are new to this stuff, follow detailed guideline below:
    —-How to install Joomla module
    —-How to install Joomla plugin

When things get done, the module should look as below:

Step 2: Configuration

From the backend of your Joomla site (administration) select Extensions->Module Manger, then click on module title JA News Module to enter configuration panel:

Parameters Explanation:

• Hidden class: Classes that have property such display: None. Separated by “|
    • Article order: If you select “Order”, the articles will be ordered by Ordering
    • If you select “Created Date”, the articles will be ordered by Created Date.
      If you select “Modified Date”, the articles will be ordered by Modified Date.

• Group by Categoy or Section ID: Group by Category or Section. Section recommended.
    • Category (Section) ID: Select items from a special sections or set of Sections, line by line. In each line, put ID and color theme, separated by “:”
    • On the settings, you will notice there’s one parameter named Category (Section) ID and its setting

Syntax for this is: <ID>:<color>. ID can be sectionID or categoryID that bases on what you choose right above and color can be color English name in this list (red, cyan, deep blue, green, orange, pink, lime)).
      (Example of settings in Teline III Demo site: 13: red, 14: orange, 8: deepblue, 12: cyan, 5: green, 9: pink, 11: lime).

Quote:

13:red
    14:orange
    8:deepblue
    12:cyan
    5:green
    9: pink
    11:lime

• Show Category (Section) title: Select Show or Hide option.
    • Intro Items: This is number of Introduction items.
    • Link Items: Number of Link items.
    • Max Chars: Maximum number characters display.
    • Show Create by: Select Show or Hide option
    • Show Create date: Select Show or Hide option.
    • Show front page article: Yes/No options
    • Columns: How many columns per row (Set to zero if you want to disable other news items).
    • Show Readmore: Show/Hide Readmore button on category news.
    • Show image: Select Show or Hide option.
    • Image Align: You can select align of images with Left/Right/None option.

You can change all parameters as you wish.

aoki_rene Friend

some times the image won’t show… is there a special way to inser the image?

Saguaros Moderator

Dear aoki_rene!

i thinks that you put the image inside incorrect so thay the problem happed, pls see the HTML article in the quickstart, it’s a standard, you ‘l make content of articles same as it, i make sure that the problem never happen:)

Good luck

edgy Friend

I would like to ask if there is a way to store somehow the produced thumbnails by the module in order to speed up the site and save some bandwidth. Now the module has the option to resize/crop the image but actually it doesn’t stores anywhere it’s thumbnail. For example if i have an image with 600×400 size the module will rezise it at 80×80 but using HTML/CSS process.

jhanalow Friend

I installed JA seleni and when I install the Ja News I get this error on my webpage

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /virtuals3/home/virtuals/frijweb/public_html/joomla/newport/modules/mod_janews/helper.php on line 102

Saguaros Moderator

Dear jhanalow!

Please fix the problem as following:
    Pls open the file : modulesmod_janewshelper.php and find codes:
    [PHP]
    function __construct( $module, $params = null ) {

$this->_params = $params ? $params : new JParameter ( ” );
    $this->loadUserSetting ( $module );
    }
    [/PHP]

Replace:
    [PHP]

}

function modJaNewsHelper( $module, $params = null ){
    return $this->__construct( $module, $params );
    }
    [/PHP]

Good luck

Saguaros Moderator

Dear jhanalow!

Please fix the problem as following:
    Pls open the file : modulesmod_janewshelper.php and find codes:
    [PHP]

}
    [/PHP]

Replace:
    [PHP]

}

function modJaNewsHelper( $module, $params = null ){
    return $this->__construct( $module, $params );
    }
    [/PHP]

Good luck

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@edgy 175284 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would like to ask if there is a way to store somehow the produced thumbnails by the module in order to speed up the site and save some bandwidth. Now the module has the option to resize/crop the image but actually it doesn’t stores anywhere it’s thumbnail. For example if i have an image with 600×400 size the module will rezise it at 80×80 but using HTML/CSS process.</blockquote>

You should not use the CSS to resize, because it has not effect to speed up the site, because real size still is 600&400, not 80×80 although you see the image displays with size 80&80 . In case you should the ja thumbnail plugin to resize images

madcat77 Friend

I want your help about the Ja news module!
    I have follow the tutorial but when i insert articles the right side of my modules the are going in the buttom of janews…!!
    Please aynone Knows how to fix that?

madcat77 Friend

Anyone please….:((

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  madcat77 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum