Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Fatal error: Call to a member function getChildren() on a non-object in
    /home/storage/3/1f/f2/apukaonline/public_html/modules/mod_janewspro/helpers/adapter/content.php

I get this error when i enable my ja-news-mobile on Ja Teline IV using Joomla 1.6, and try to access the site via Mobile Device.

I created the site in a directory, but when he moved to another location, the problem began. And this error still displaying the old path

Fatal error: Call to a member function getChildren() on a non-object
    in /home/storage/3/1f/f2/apukaonline/public_html/modules/mod_janewspro/helpers/adapter/content.php
    on line 51

but now the site is in
    /home/apukaonline/public_html/….

I discovered that this cache is automatically created
    cache/t3-assets with the old path …

How may i fix this?
    thanks for the support..

huypl Friend

Hello Walter,
    While we still haven’t found and fixed the problem, I suggest that you try to install your website on local machine to see what happens.
    By the way, the folder cache/t3-assets is created to store the optimized css ans javascript files. It’s configured in Template Manager. If you don’t want to use optimization, you can set it to “No” in the template manager. But I strongly don’t recommend this. Love to here your feedback.

visionsaga Friend

I have the same problem, and it can not fix it

Saguaros Moderator

Hello Mates!

I’m sorry for my late, created a issue on the PM http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCTELINEIV-217, our developers will check this in detail.

Now, you try with solution, you open the file mod_janewspro/helpers/adapter/content.php and find :

[PHP]
    if($_section ) {
    $_categories = $_section->getChildren();
    }[/PHP]

replace by :

[PHP]
    if($_section && is_object($_section) && method_exists($_section,’getChildren’) ) {

}
    [/PHP]

then check this again

webbra Friend

Hi guys, i´m with the same problem and I can´t locate “if($_section ) {” to replace in code. Please help us guys, thanks a lot.

walterjr Friend

two months waiting for support … and still waiting for answers….

thangnn1510 Friend

<blockquote>Now, you try with solution, you open the file mod_janewspro/helpers/adapter/content.php and find :

PHP Code:
    if($_section ) {
    }
    replace by :

PHP Code:
    if($_section && is_object($_section) && method_exists($_section,’getChildren’) ) {

}
    then check this again</blockquote>

Please try as TienHC suggests.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

For others,

This issue has been fixed. http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCTELINEIVJ16-124 and can be fixed by updating the template version to the latest release.

Arvind

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum