Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

When you set up the parameters in the JA News Module, you put in the Category you want to show the headlines and intro of….. I only want ONE Categories’ articles to show in the JA News Module.

Apparently, ANY article I write, and set to publish on the Frontpage, appears in the JA News Module too…even though the Category is NOT the one set in the JA News Module parameters.

I am confused. Have I misunderstood HOW the JA News Module works?
    I want the JA News Module to contain ONLY The articles from the category I’ve selected…I DON’T want it to show every article that is published to the Frontpage.
    Can someone please explain how this module actually works then? Does it just put every Frontpage published article in? If so, why isn’t it simply called a “Frontpage Module”?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi benarmeriii,

When you publish an article to display on the Frontpage , if this one is in the categories of janews module, it still displays in this module.

If you want this article does not display in the janews module when it is published to the frontpage, in the ja news module, please select Show front page article to No. Now, i think this radio is selecting Yes value.

benarmeriii Friend

I only have ONE category ID set in the JA News module.

If I don’t set ALL the category articles to “publish on frontpage”, they do not even show in the JA News module.

The article I want to show in the main body, on the frontpage is NOT of the category set in the JA News module.

There is NO <blockquote>select Show front page article to No. Now, i think this radio is selecting Yes value. </blockquote> parameter in the module parameters. ( please see attached screenshot.)

I am still confused, because it still seems that no matter what category ID I set in the JA News module, it will include ANY “frontpage published” article …even if the article ID is different to the parameter set, and I cannot get any article to show in the main body on the frontpage.

1. ScreenHunter_02-Apr.-16-18.05
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  benarmeriii 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum