Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am trying to have JA News Frontpage roll through the articles in the order that I have them set in the article manager. I am assuming that it is using the created date, but I know over time or each time I want to add something to this section, I will want it to be in a specific order, not when it was created. Is there a way to overide this?

At this point for this section, I copied the articles in the demo and modified the content with my own and placed them in the order that I would like them to appear starting with the lowest number to the highest. Changing or mixing up the order in the article manager did not seem to have any effect on the order on the frontend.

Demo install, Joomla 1.5.9.
    Current site http://www3.walterstheatre.com

Thanks in advance.

1. janews_order
    nathanbohn Friend

dont have the module on hand, but did you check out the module settings in the module manager, to see if there was a ordering option?

dagwood Friend

I figured it out! It didn’t matter what the order was in my Article Manager, I was able to set the order that I wanted within the Frontpage Manager.

mumu0678 Friend

<em>@dagwood 116641 wrote:</em><blockquote>I figured it out! It didn’t matter what the order was in my Article Manager, I was able to set the order that I wanted within the Frontpage Manager.</blockquote>

Hi,

I am having the same problem, but there is no such thing as an article order field or function in the JA News Frontpage module manager.

Where did you get it from ?

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mumu0678 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum