Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I can not make the module work if I set it to show from a standard joomla category.
    If I set the module to show articles from a joomla category, the module does not show any article.
    In the Modulparametere I see that the modules do have to show featured articles ?
    http://grab.by/8Rrb
    How can I make the module to show the recent articles from a joomla category?

Anybody who knows why?

Best from joe

steinar Friend

<em>@jrensel 220412 wrote:</em><blockquote>How can I make the module to show the recent articles from a joomla category?</blockquote>

Hei Joe,

You don’t tell much about your setup, so it is hard to guess. Let’s see.

You have placed the JA News Frontpage module in the sl1-l position, enabled it and assigned it to for example the Magazin menu >> Home?

Under Module Parameters you have selected for instance telineiv and not changed any of the automatic settings that are dependent on this choice.
    (When you ran into unchartered terrain, you are best off following setups that are known to work; you can always play around with them afterwards.)

Under Content settings you have selected one category and it doesn’t show. What if you select All categories?

If you can confirm that you have tried those steps it might be easier to troubleshoot further.

jrensel Friend

Hi Steinar – thanks for yoir answer

Yes, I have testet the module and so far it works great with category from K2. When testing with K2 category the module does not show when you set Number of Featured Articles =0. You need to have one or more fearures articles.

The module does not work (show anything) when I set the module to show from a joomla category.
    How can I set joomla articles to be featured (I don´t think this is joomla core functionality).

Am I right about this?

Best from joe

steinar Friend

Hello again,
    Actually it makes sense if the module doesn’t show anything when you set featured=0 (although this depends somewhat on your profile). After all the purpose of the frontpage module is to prominently display your main (i e “featured”) articles. So what should it do if there are none?

It is harder to imagine why Joomla content doesn’t show up. I think I would doublecheck my content setup. Go to the Joomla part of the control panel, make a new section and category and produce a couple of articles to this category.

Fort my part, I use Joomla content and don’t have K2 installed at all.

Good luck!

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@jrensel 220538 wrote:</em><blockquote>How can I set joomla articles to be featured (I don´t think this is joomla core functionality).</blockquote>

featured or frontpage in joomla 1.5, you can edit in the articles manager.

jrensel Friend

Hi!

Ok , that is what I have been looking for. The joomla articles must be enabled/pubisled in frontpage –

No worries at all – Thanks for all your help!

hengstler Friend

Hi

This answers my question about JA Frontpage News for 99%. I published the articles I want to show in the module, but I don’t want to show these article below in the Joomla startpage: http://test2.stefanhengstler.ch

How can I unpublish the articles on frontpage, but show them in the module ?

Kind regards from Switzerland

Stefan

thangnn1510 Friend

<em>@hengstler 235955 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

This answers my question about JA Frontpage News for 99%. I published the articles I want to show in the module, but I don’t want to show these article below in the Joomla startpage: http://test2.stefanhengstler.ch

How can I unpublish the articles on frontpage, but show them in the module ?

Kind regards from Switzerland

Stefan</blockquote>

There’s only way that you set the home menu item in admin edit menu with

Leading: 0
    Intro: 0
    Columns :1
    Links: 0

as my attachment.

1. 4-25-2011-4-05-55-PM
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  thangnn1510 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum