Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Is it possible to have the images in the module linkable ?
    It is only the title and the read more button that links.

Best from joe

Sherlock Friend

Dear jrensel,

Just try as following
    Open the file of modulesmod_janews_fptmpldefaultblog.php,Look for this snap code
    <div class=”ja-zincontent-img clearfix”>

<?php if($bigshowimage) echo $news->bigimage?>
    </div>
    Change it to
    <div class=”ja-zincontent-img clearfix”>
    <a href=”<?php echo $news->link;?>” title=”<?php echo strip_tags($news->title); ?>”>
    <?php if($bigshowimage) echo $news->bigimage?>
    </a>
    </div>

I hope it help !

jrensel Friend

Perfect – thanks!

jrensel Friend

One thing more to make this module perfect:
    What about link on images on the other articles to the right? Is this possible?

I whish you a great day
    Best from Joe

Sherlock Friend

Dear jrensel,

You can try as following
    Open the file of modulesmod_janews_fptmpldefaultblog.php,Look for this code
    <div class=”ja-zincontent-img”>
    <?php if($smallshowimage) echo $news->smallimage?>
    </div>
    Change it to
    <div class=”ja-zincontent-img”>
    <a href=”<?php echo $news->link;?>” title=”<?php echo strip_tags($news->title); ?>”>
    <?php if($smallshowimage) echo $news->smallimage?>
    </a>
    </div>
    I hope it help !

actu9 Friend

Thanks dathq, excellent tip !
    Is it possible to do it also for the JA News Pro Module (Linear Layout) and the blog layout images?
    Cheers 😉

Sherlock Friend

Dear actu9,

For the JA News Pro Module you can try as below
    Open the file of modulesmod_janewsprotmpldefaultblog_item.php,Look for this
    [PHP] <?php if($showimage) echo $row->image; ?>[/PHP]
    Change it to
    [PHP] <?php if($showimage) { ?> <a href=”<?php echo $row->link;?>” title=”<?php echo strip_tags($row->title);?>”> <?php echo $row->image; ?> </a> <?php } ?>[/PHP]

For the Linear Layout open the file of modulesmod_janewsprotmpllinearblog_item.php Look for this
    [PHP] <?php if($showimage) echo $row->image; ?>[/PHP]
    And do slimilar as the above tip
    I hope these would help !

obliat Friend

Helped me make lots of images linkable, but having difficulties with JA News Frontpage module in the right1 position (Featured news) – I guess that file that needs some code change is modulesmod_janewsprotmplsidebarblog.php, but so far I haven’t find a successful way to make images linkable. It’s working in the demo, but I assigned K2 content to the module and could this causing it lose link on the image, though I don’t think so as when I change to Joomla content images are not linkable as well.

I do have K2 blog that comes with Teline IV associated with my Home page as well and want to make the images linkable there too, but not by adding a href in the items, but in the code. Please also help with this.

huypl Friend

Hi obliat,
    Did you make any changes in the code of JA News Frontpage (mod_janews_fp). I’ve install teline IV and by default, these images as well as the images in blog are linkable.

micflic Friend

Where do I have to change the code when I want to have the link on images in

a) category
    and
    b) section

??? Thx

obliat Friend

<em>@huypl 230622 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi obliat,
    Did you make any changes in the code of JA News Frontpage (mod_janews_fp). I’ve install teline IV and by default, these images as well as the images in blog are linkable.</blockquote>

I’ve done some – have to check my notes – but even in the Teline IV demo images are not linkable in K2 blog section.

I will try and track what (if) changes I may have done.

Guess best and fastest way to understand is if someone can take a look at my website.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@micflic 230677 wrote:</em><blockquote>Where do I have to change the code when I want to have the link on images in

a) category
    and
    b) section

??? Thx</blockquote>

Do you mean the images on the com_content category and section blog view or anything else ? Kindly explain it more details.

micflic Friend

<em>@dathq 230824 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you mean the images on the com_content category and section blog view or anything else ? Kindly explain it more details.</blockquote>

i mean com_content category and section blog view… thx mic

micflic Friend

push push post

obliat Friend

I still haven’t found a way to make K2 pics clickable (if I removed the option accidentally it may be the reason, but not sure)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  obliat 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum