Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’m using the Ja News module wich shows news separated for every category on the frontpage, however I can’t find any way to get the news ordered from the newest to the oldest.

Any help?

hotlou Friend

Did you ever find an answer to this?

giuse Friend

having the same problem and posted the request some days ago but no answer to date….

giuse Friend

Found a way! Go to “FrontPage manager” in Joomla and set the order there. It works!
    The order of frontpage articles in “Article Manager” has no effect on the article order in frontpage manager, and just the last one counts.
    Hope this helps

dpk Friend

The front page manager has nothing to do with the output in the JA News module. Use the full JA News component / extension pack for more control over content article display in Joomla.

musicinme Friend

Strange, cuz when you open mod_janews, you can choose Article Order.

mesimov Friend

I am using this module. I made the settings, but nothing seems. How do I remove the text in this picture?

1. jpg
    thuanlq Friend

Hi Mesimov,

Please remove the following code in the file “default.php” in the folder “templates/your default template/html/com_content/frontpage/”:

<?php if ($this->params->get('show_page_title',1)) : ?>
    <h1 class="componentheading"><?php echo JText::_('HOME PAGE TITLE'); ?></h1>
    <?php endif; ?>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  thuanlq 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum