Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

All of a sudden this morning I found my site with JA News Frontpage module missing.

It displays K2 content and it was all fine until this morning.

Made numerous attempts via different settings to restore it, including installing the newest 1.3.9 version with no luck.

Module works fine with Joomla content. Something messed up with K2 and it’s beyond my knowledge to fix it.

obliat Friend

This issue prevents me from publishing the site online and some help will definitely help.

global21 Friend

hi,

the articles you are publishing have you enable featured under the catagories you are selecting (they have to be for this module).
    eg .

cat 1
    item 1
    item 2 – Featured (this will show in the module)
    item 3

and so on. also if those cats that you have trashed are no longer needed, then i would get rid of them from the trash all together it just starts to get messy.

obliat Friend

I just realized that and made some of them Featured (like 6). Now module shows up (I have set it to telineiv profile) and I have set it to show 6 articles and 5 links, but it only shows the featured article with no links. The weird thing is that I haven’t touched anything and it was all fine the other night and messed up when I booted in the morning.

So now I don’t have links in the module. I am also not sure at all that I had featured articles before, yet it worked…

Thanks for your feedback global21.

obliat Friend

Links now visible as I’ve found a line overflow:hidden (and changed to visible) in the module’s style’s, but what on earth did that I am really unable to understand.

global21 Friend

hi,

just checked my config for this, i totally run my whole site on k2 so i have had all these problems.

my news fp mod is set :

mod class -newsfp
    profile: default

also i tried it with just selecting the parent cat but you have to make sure you select the childs that you wish to collect items from.

i’m popping out now but shout me back if you have any other quires i braacking the back of this template with k2.

obliat Friend

So far I made it work like it was, but my fix didn’t get the other ja_news_fp at rigth1(Featured News in the Demo) start showing up K2 stuff (as it is also “damaged”). So now checking out to see what might have changed it as well.

huypl Friend

Hi obliat,
    Please try to reinstall Feature News to see whether k2 stuff can be shown.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  huypl 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum