Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi everybody,

We are trying to set up the Ja News Frontpage module in our site, which is based on the Edenite template.

The thing is we don’t want / need to load the Ja News module, since we are satisfied with the current template’s main body. We would like to have the following structure:

janews-frontpage
    ja-current-content

So our question is whether we could link the Ja News Frontpage module to an independent and special category created by us (We would like to use it only to announce special events, like fairs o workshops, not necessarily latest news) instead of to the articles on the Frontpage.

If it is possible, how could we do it??

thank you so much in advance for you reply!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi mpdl,

This module does not support your idea, but if possible.
    You can open file modulesmod_janews_fphelper.php to change sql queries

mpdl Friend

Hello again,

We have been looking into the helper.php, and we understand that we should change something in this part:

$query = “SELECT a.*”
    . “n FROM #__content AS a”
    . “n INNER JOIN #__content_frontpage AS f ON f.content_id = a.id”
    . “n INNER JOIN #__categories AS cc ON cc.id = a.catid”
    . “n WHERE ( a.state = 1 AND a.sectionid > 0 “
    .”n AND (a.publish_up = ” . $database->Quote( $nullDate ) . ” OR a.publish_up <= ” . $database->Quote( $now ) . ” ) “
    .”n AND (a.publish_down = ” . $database->Quote( $nullDate ) . ” OR a.publish_down >= ” . $database->Quote( $now ) . ” )”
    . ( $noauth ? “n AND a.access <= ” . (int) $my->gid . ” AND cc.access <= ” . (int) $my->gid : ” )
    . “n AND cc.published = 1 )”
    . “n ORDER BY f.ordering ASC”;

The problem is we don’t know which lines we should change and what we should type in. Could you indicate us where we should introduce the name of our special category, please?

We’d really like to integrate this module in our site, so we appreciate so much any kind of help to sort this issue out.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

scotty Friend

mpdl;111559Hi everybody,

We are trying to set up the Ja News Frontpage module in our site, which is based on the Edenite template.

The thing is we don’t want / need to load the Ja News module, since we are satisfied with the current template’s main body. We would like to have the following structure:

janews-frontpage
    ja-current-content

So our question is whether we could link the Ja News Frontpage module to an independent and special category created by us (We would like to use it only to announce special events, like fairs o workshops, not necessarily latest news) instead of to the articles on the Frontpage.

If it is possible, how could we do it??

thank you so much in advance for you reply!

If I understand the question correctly – you want to display Edinite as normal with a normal front page but you want to be able to display JA_News_Frontpage also and have it display content from only one section. Is this correct?

If so then I think it’s pretty easy to implement.

Let me know if I’m correct and if so I’ll have a look at doing it tonight.

mpdl Friend

<em>@scotty 112512 wrote:</em><blockquote>If I understand the question correctly – you want to display Edinite as normal with a normal front page but you want to be able to display JA_News_Frontpage also and have it display content from only one section. Is this correct?

If so then I think it’s pretty easy to implement.

Let me know if I’m correct and if so I’ll have a look at doing it tonight.</blockquote>

Hellos Scotty,

That is exactly what we’d like to implement.

Thank you!!

scotty Friend

I tried to respond to this last night but Joomlart seemed to be down. Anyway…

I had a good look at this last night and know a lot more about JA News now than I did before. I didn’t realise before that the component would ONLY display frontpage articles.

Unfortunately I don’t know enough about PHP SQL queries to modify the helper.php file to have it call from a specific category. But it does sound like a simple enough change to make.

I suggest you try http://www.joomlancers.com

Although personnally I would use something like the Slideshow mod if it’s just to advertise things like events.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

mpdl Friend

Thank you very much for your help. We’ll try to find the solution at that site.

benrud Friend

Hello Everyone,

I want to display a mod_custom module in the position JA News Frontpage but the position is not listed in the “position” dropdown list.

How do I display a module in that position?

Thanks,
    Todd

http://ghsptsa.net/index.php – I want the image at the bottom to be positioned in the JA News Frontpage module position.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  benrud 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum