Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I need to customize the following button’s text: 1) “Read More…”, 2) PREV, 3)NEXT.
    Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
    Izidor

khoand Friend

Could you explain more? How do you want to custom them exactly? A snapshot with your annotation is very helpful to help me understand what you want to.

izidorg Friend

Instead of the default text I want to display a translated text in RTL language.
    I hope this helps.:)

izidorg Friend

<em>@izidorg 288789 wrote:</em><blockquote>Instead of the default text I want to display a translated text in RTL language.
    I hope this helps.:)</blockquote>
    I hope the attached files are helpful as well.

1. default
    2. customized
    khoand Friend

You find code from /modules/mod_janews_fp/tmpl/telineiv/blog.php

<a href="<?php echo $news->link?>" class="readon" title="<?php echo JText::_('READ MORE...');?>"><span><?php echo JText::_('READ MORE...');?></span></a>
    change bold text
    You find the code from /language/your-language/your-language.ini

OF=of
    from /language/your-language/your-language.mod_janewspro.ini

PREV=Prev
    NEXT=Next

izidorg Friend

I could not find /modules/mod_janews_fp/tmpl/telineiv/blog.php.:((
    I do have /modules/mod_janews_featured/tmpl/telineiv/blog.php.but the suggested modification did not help.:((

I also did not find /language/your-language/your-language.mod_janewspro.ini:((
    I did find /language/en-GB/en-GB.ini but there is no line with the OF=of code.:((

I did not find /language/your-language/your-language.mod_janewspro.ini :((
    The changes you have advised fot this I did in /language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_jafeatured.ini. They did work fine for me!:)

I want to direct your attention to the following: I’m trying to fix issues in the “ja news featured” module not in the “ja news pro” module.
    Saying that I like the way the default profile displays the featured articles rather than telineiv profile does so.
    What do you think?

khoand Friend

I’m so sorry for my late response. Could you give me username+password of your ftp? I will fix it. When I done, I will tell you what files I changed.

izidorg Friend

Thanks. I will upload the site files and will send you the info in PM

izidorg Friend

I’ve sent you the information in PM.

khoand Friend

Your ftp information you gave me is correct. But what is your link? I need to access your website to check it.

izidorg Friend

My link is ewd.co.il.
    Please pay attention – I’ve deleted and uploaded a new version of the site few minutes ago, so your uploaded files (if you had those) just gone. Please upload again.

khoand Friend

I fixed Next, Prev, Of by do my previous post. I haven’t fixed text Read more. Do you give me username+password of your backend? I need to view your configuration.

izidorg Friend

Pls. check your PM.

khoand Friend

You change /templates/ja_teline_iv/html/mod_janews_featured/default/blog.php file

izidorg Friend

Hi,
    Finally I’ve resolved the issue with your help!

I had to do some more modifications following your, which have not found in your details instructions:
    1. You’ve copied the /language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_janewspro.ini to /language/he-IL/he-IL.mod_janewspro.ini.
    2. You’ve modified the “Prev” and “Next” variables.
    3. You have manually added “OF=of1” in the file /language/he-IL/he-IL.ini.
    4. I had to modify encoding option of the /language/he-IL/he-IL.mod_janewspro.ini. to support UTF-8 encoding.
    5. I had to modify /t3-assets/csse5304.css to properly support the RTL language.

Anyhow I am very thankful and appreciate your help and knowledge. It seems that the JA News Featured need to go to some minor modifications to provide right support to the RTL language and provide some manual notes explaining how to customize the buttons.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  izidorg 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum