Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is it possible that JA News is shown public on frontpage but by clicking the link of some items the user have to be registered and logged in??
    I hope someone can help me…

darylba Friend

Hi Gemeon,

If you make the article you are linking to ‘Registered’ the person will have to be a registered user to see it. You may have to have a public intro to the article and add a link from the intro to the “Registered” article.

Regards

gemeon Friend

Thanks for this. But isn’t there any better solution for this problem? It would be much work to create two different items for every article and kink them. No alternative?

darylba Friend

Hi Gemeon,

In order for JA News to be viewed on the frontpage it must be ‘public’. I just experimented with the issue at one of my Teline sites. I made a category ‘Registered’ or article and of course it disappeared. Perhaps someone will have a better solution for you that I am not aware of.

Regards 🙂

ptvman Friend

I found a solution that works perfectly with JA News. It’s a mambot called accesstotext. Search for it on Joomla.org, Extensions page.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ptvman 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum