Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi All

Can someone point me to an end to end tutorial on how to configure the scrolling ja news module, things like

Module placing
    Article placing
    Image placing

and so on,

I’ve tried to get it from this forum but it seem to be a bits of this and that every where and most is relating to problems people are having,

Also while I’m here the three black boxes across the top, what trype of module are they

Thanks a bunch guys and keep up the good work

Gaz

mrgmt Friend

One thing I have also noticed, it all seems to be about Joomla version 1, I have version 1.5 yet there is nothing for the support of this module, plus because all the previous threads are around version 1 the screen shots and guides are not the same

I just cant figure out how to calibrate the ja_news to get only the front page items on thier own plus the size of it etc etc

Please help for us 1.5 people

Cheers

mrgmt Friend

ok, am nearly there all by my own steam just one thing outstanding

Where do I look to make the module bigger so it shows more of the content

Anyone help in this as I’ve looked at the html and css of the template

is it a matter of the module php file if so which one am I looking for

Thanks in advanced

mrgmt Friend

Well my woes continue, and it would also seem I am talking to myself in here

Now my Ja news is sticking and not rotating, tried deleting and reinstalling module also treid to unpublish articles to see if that will work

so what next

also I still need anyone who can show me the file that I need to alter the size of the ja news ie I wanna make it bigger

so anyone please please please

mrgmt Friend

ok, so moving on I have now made it bigger the column to do this is

Headline Fixed Height

My only problem now is its sticlking and not rotating, if I dont answer this myself is there anyone who has experienced this and rectified it

Thanks, (to myself)

G

lukesnark Friend

Hey Gaz …

I wish I could help but I have no idea … as you can see by the forums below this one, I have a range of problems I’m trying to solve myself.

However I would be guessing you would look at common.php in the module file 🙂

Luke

mrgmt Friend

I appreciate your help Luke but there does not seem to be a common.php file

So far I have treid chmoding the files to 755 = nothing

Complete uninstall of Ja news module and reinstall = nothing

Ive also tried adding and taking away content = nothing

So I now have a module that was working and is now not,

my link is http://www.mjeurope.eu/home

Anyone help

Thanks

mrgmt Friend

Guys,

I have sussed it, for anyone who has Ja News not scrolling problems follow the below in Joomla Administrator

Control Panel
    Global Config
    SEO setting to the right
    All need to be set as no or your Ja News will not work

Hope this helps

Pheww now I can make a kick ass site

gegit Friend

Like the site but unfortunately the fix for the non-scrolling doesn’t help me. I’m have the issue and SEO options were all ‘no’ to begin with. Anything else it could be?

mrgmt Friend

well this is crazy, mine has been working fine, but tonight its just stopped working,

Joomlart we really need to get to the bottom of this as it looks like I’m not the only one having this problem

mrgmt Friend

ok, I think I may have resolved this

On the file mod_janews the permission (CHIMOD) has to be 755 on all files

I changedmine to 777 and it stopped I then changed it back and its now working

Try this

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mrgmt 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum