Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I am using JA News 2 in the JA Teline III template.

How can I control the display order of the categories? I have a Section with three Categories.

1) Category 1 = “Southern”
    2) Category 2 = “Central”
    3) Category 3 = “Northern”

I would like them to display in JA News 2 in this order.

However, the Categories are displayed Northern, Southern, Central.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi gregbanig

For the case, i think you should order these categories via ordering field and then open modules/ja_news2/helper.php file, at about line 413, find following code:

$query = "SELECT `id`, `title`, `description`, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(`alias`) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", `id`, `alias`) ELSE `id` END as `slug` FROM `#__categories` s WHERE published = 1 and section=" . ( int ) $sid . $where;
    $db->setQuery ( $query, 0, $limit );

and change to:

$query = "SELECT `id`, `title`, `description`, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(`alias`) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", `id`, `alias`) ELSE `id` END as `slug` FROM `#__categories` s WHERE published = 1 and section=" . ( int ) $sid . $where;

$query .= " ORDER BY s.ordering ASC"; //$query .= " ORDER BY s.id ASC";

etnasci Friend

<em>@JA Developer 152249 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi gregbanig

For the case, i think you should order these categories via ordering field and then open modules/ja_news2/helper.php file, at about line 413, find following code:

and change to:

$query .= " ORDER BY s.ordering ASC"; //$query .= " ORDER BY s.id ASC";

</blockquote>

Ok! This code is ok!

Greg Banig Friend

Thanks. That solved what I was looking for. The code that needed replaced was actually line #553 and…

$query = “SELECT `id`, `title`, `description`, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(`alias`) THEN CONCAT_WS(“:”, `id`, `alias`) ELSE `id` END as `slug` FROM `#__categories` s WHERE published = 1 and section=”.(int)$sid.$where;

purina Friend

<em>@gregbanig 163437 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks. That solved what I was looking for. The code that needed replaced was actually line #553 and…

$query = “SELECT `id`, `title`, `description`, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(`alias`) THEN CONCAT_WS(“:”, `id`, `alias`) ELSE `id` END as `slug` FROM `#__categories` s WHERE published = 1 and section=”.(int)$sid.$where;</blockquote>
    OK but what about if I want to show some of the categories from more then three

madeline63 Friend

HI,

I am trying to show my section by using ja news2, but not only at frontpage

i am using JA teline III.

thanks

Saguaros Moderator
    madeline63 Friend

hi, J.O.O.M staff

thanks for your quick reply,

do your have any suggestion for this? any module can make this?

Saguaros Moderator

Dear madeline63!

I am sorry for not being of much help in this case. i do not know the module you need in where 🙁

fmedia Friend

hi,

this will help re-order the categories inside sections on janews2. but how do we re-order the sections?

thank you

Saguaros Moderator

Dear fmedia!

Please access the configuration of the ja news 2 module, you re-order Section IDs in the “Section Ids” Parameter

Example:

Original:

13:red
    14:orange
    8:deepblue
    12:cyan
    5:green
    9:pink
    11:lime

change order of sections:

5:green
    9:pink
    13:red
    14:orange
    8:deepblue
    11:lime
    12:cyan

Good luck

guap Friend

<em>@gregbanig 163433 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am using JA News 2 in the JA Teline III template.

How can I control the display order of the categories? I have a Section with three Categories.

1) Category 1 = “Southern”
    2) Category 2 = “Central”
    3) Category 3 = “Northern”

I would like them to display in JA News 2 in this order.

However, the Categories are displayed Northern, Southern, Central.</blockquote>

I go the category manager and use the “arrow” to arrange in order. It works for me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  guap 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum