Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I don’t know if you figured it out and solved the problem but I kinda fixed it; as I had this problem also… I wanted every category that has the latest article to be first and so on….

I edited the query for the categories selection. The query is not perfect and if anyone has a better and more improved version of it in mind, please submit it here so I can use it too!

Anyway here’s the changes you have to make:

At the file: modules/mod_janews2/helper.php find the function named: loadCategories

In there change the query from:

[PHP]$query = “SELECT `id`, `title`, `description`, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(`alias`) THEN CONCAT_WS(“:”, `id`, `alias`) ELSE `id` END as `slug` FROM `#__categories` s WHERE published = 1 and section=” . ( int ) $sid . $where;[/PHP]

to:

[PHP]$query = “SELECT a.created, s.id, s.title, s.description, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(s.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(“:”, s.id, s.alias) ELSE s.id END as slug FROM #__categories s, #__content a WHERE a.catid = s.id AND s.published = 1 and s.section=” . ( int ) $sid . $where;
    $query .= ” ORDER BY a.created DESC”;[/PHP]

In my site this works partially, so the code needs some cleaning up which i don’t know yet how to do it…

Merry Xmas & a Happy new year to all!

kryptos Friend

<em>@zorroh 155565 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok, i’ll try to talk with my friend who can me help with this..</blockquote>

Hi,

did you find any solution for this problem?

sjmorris Friend
    kryptos Friend

Thanx sjmorris, I’ll try that too.

zorroh Friend

yes, my friend solved this problem.. so my site now works like it is supposed to..

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  zorroh 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum