Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Where can we download JA News 1.1.3? Please advise.

kachete Friend

I there a new version of this module

I want to know where to donwload it to and whats new in it

bigrk Friend

You have to be a member of the Extensions Club to download the 1.1.3 version. You’re better off staying with vesion 1.1.1 for the Teline template.

dpk Friend

So JA sells you a module offered with Teline template, and if it doesn’t work–as is often the case–the best you get is a rollback version (1.1.1) or a beta version (1.2b) after hours digging in the forums?!?!?! But 1.3 is only for peopel who pay an additional fee… nice.

bigrk Friend

<em>@dpk 22235 wrote:</em><blockquote>So JA sells you a module offered with Teline template, and if it doesn’t work–as is often the case–the best you get is a rollback version (1.1.1) or a beta version (1.2b) after hours digging in the forums?!?!?! But 1.3 is only for peopel who pay an additional fee… nice.</blockquote>

The original release of the Teline template came with version 1.1.1 of the JA News module. In an effort to make it play better with some extensions JA released version 1.1.2 and although it corrected some of those problems some new ones developed. JA updated the Teline template download page with the newer version of JA News and I have been recommending a lot of users to go back to version 1.1.1 to correct the new problems. You may have seen this version posted in a few threads. Most will never really need more than the 1.1.1 version. Then 1.1.3 was released and now 1.2 beta and neither have proven to be any better. I think that the download issue for the extensions club 1.1.3 was solved with making 1.2 available to all. I am pretty sure that when the next release comes out from the 1.2 beta to stable that all of these discussions will just disappear. JA has only been a little slow on getting the update completed and is not actively trying to sell us a new version.

canadawatch Friend

I have uploaded the new 1.2 Beta version to my other website that is still under development. Personally, I am happy with it. It does not ive you 100% flexibility yet but it fixes the problems that were frustrating me in the past. For example, I like the new parameters in the JA-News 1.2 Control Panel. They allow for consistency of the display (option to take the layout info from the menu) so you don’t end up with different displays going to, say, a tabular list of items from the menu then when you go to that display from the category tabs. The flexibility of assigning the “JA-News Blocks” to sections or to categories add more flexibility in site designing.

I even uploaded JA-News 1.2 Beta to Joomla 1.0.0 website with the JA Teline template, and it works great.
    This is just a site where I am experimenting with different solutions, you can see it here:

http://ggta.ca

This is the site with Joomla 1.0.0 and JA-News 1.2 Beta.

I am slowly getting ready to start using JA-News 1.2 Beta on my main site.

Can’t advise on this, you have to make your own decision.

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@dpk 22235 wrote:</em><blockquote>So JA sells you a module offered with Teline template, and if it doesn’t work–as is often the case–the best you get is a rollback version (1.1.1) or a beta version (1.2b) after hours digging in the forums?!?!?! But 1.3 is only for peopel who pay an additional fee… nice.</blockquote>
    1.1.3 isn’t available yet, but we have released 1.1.2beta to everyone.

dpk Friend

OK, thanks.

FYI, I came across the main php file code for 1.3 the other day on a Turkish joomla forum. The only word I understood was “warez.”

ShannonN Friend

dpk;22430OK, thanks.

FYI, I came across the main php file code for 1.3 the other day on a Turkish joomla forum. The only word I understood was “warez.”

Lets hope y0u noted the site url and reported it in the piracy report section?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 16 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum