Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Ja News 1.1.3 has not been relased yet for jatc costumers. i need it to finish a site. how much we have to wait for? is it possible that it couldn’t be uploaded in two seconds in docman as seen as for jaec? if we have to buy it, tell us, we’ll buy it. but we can’t wait longer!

digimate Friend

Quote: ‘if we have to buy it, tell us, we’ll buy it. but we can’t wait longer!’

You and I (and many many more) allready paid for it. JA News is a (central) part of some templates.

I (and maybe many more) don’t like to pay for it again.

The support is worse the last months.

Suggesting to give Joomlart more money for offering less is a wrong signal?!

What do you think???

funk999 Friend

i agree.. im soo dissapointed. i will not be renewing. I had to pay for the template and pay for someone to install it. However i read the instruction and i have experience on mambo and joomla but this was abit more technical. Even the slightest clue would be enough to figure out how to install the stuff. also the documentation has many errors

orpheus2510 Friend

The version 1.1.3 seems to be a little bit buggy (that’s what I understood from the discussions here), so JA is still fixing and revising the module. I think they will give us all (also the JATC Members) a better version (not a beta version as it seems to be right now). And for quality I think we could be patient and wait some weeks more.

ShannonN Friend

Orpheus2510;21108The version 1.1.3 seems to be a little bit buggy (that’s what I understood from the discussions here), so JA is still fixing and revising the module. I think they will give us all (also the JATC Members) a better version (not a beta version as it seems to be right now). And for quality I think we could be patient and wait some weeks more.

after pointing out to MiCCAS the problems all here have getting JA 1.13 as an update to 1.12 he said to me tll em to pm him and he’ll pass it on

so you want JA news 1.13 you pm MiCCAS and stop speculating on when what etc complaining etc

ikki_83 Friend

i’ve heard trought pm miccas in the morning and he invited me to mail him to get ja_news 1.1.3. I’m still waiting.. 😉

bigrk Friend

<em>@ikki_83 21214 wrote:</em><blockquote>i’ve heard trought pm miccas in the morning and he invited me to mail him to get ja_news 1.1.3. I’m still waiting.. ;)</blockquote>

Did you get it yet?

ikki_83 Friend

yes but i read this:

Version:
    JA News 1.1.2

Features:
    – Support ALL charsets if iconv library are enabled.
    – Support ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-15, UTF-8, CP866, CP1251, CP1252, KOI8-R, BIG5, GB2312, BIG5-HKSCS, SHIFT_JIS, EUC-JP if iconv is not supported.

1.1.2????? overall, my problem is that it doesn’t display first news intro (like 1.1.1). why?? see here

ShannonN Friend

ikki_83;21277yes but i read this:

Version:
    JA News 1.1.2

Features:
    – Support ALL charsets if iconv library are enabled.
    – Support ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-15, UTF-8, CP866, CP1251, CP1252, KOI8-R, BIG5, GB2312, BIG5-HKSCS, SHIFT_JIS, EUC-JP if iconv is not supported.

1.1.2????? overall, my problem is that it doesn’t display first news intro (like 1.1.1). why?? see here

Just PM MiCCAS and ask for version 1.13

ikki_83 Friend

<em>@ShannonN 21298 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just PM MiCCAS and ask for version 1.13</blockquote>

miccas sent it to me. the file name is 1.1.3 but once installed displays 1.1.2.

digimate Friend

Probably he sent you the version 1.1.3 that still contains bugs, it is the version that members of the JAEC can download?!

bigrk Friend

I would go back to version 1.1.1 of the JA News Module until there is a new release that is proven to work.

Bryan Villeneuve Friend

Second that go back to 1.1.1 it works!

ShannonN Friend

ikki_83;21302miccas sent it to me. the file name is 1.1.3 but once installed displays 1.1.2.

Thats because JA have not bothered to update the xml file that tells you what version it is they made changes but couldn’t be bothered to update the file that says the version number just use it ad then come back and tell us what is does that is if it works or not

bigrk Friend

Save yourself a headache and use the 1.1.1 version until the new release that has been promised. I know through a number of different posts that the 1.1.3 version that says it is 1.1.2 has problems and has already been proven not to be as good as the 1.1.1 version. MiCCAS was involved in some of these posts and doesn’t have anything new or different at this time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bigrk 16 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum