Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

when i add the ja-news module

home page appears correctly under firefox

but breaks under explorer 6 and 7

ajax headline works correctly

but below that the footer and other part new appear broken and page footer does not appear under explorer

rodoart Friend

I’m facing the same problem with IE6 as well as with Firefox 2.0. After I have installed the ja-news module, according to the instructions in the ja_xenia_user_guide, I get no modules at all at the left side. Instead of this, all my “left modules” appear in the right side and those of the right side at the bottom-middle of the page. What’s wrong?

…I’ve figured out that the problem is with the number of columns that I set up in the ja-news module. The standard, that couses the problem is 2, when I change this to 1 then everything works fine… but is this a solution?

Chinaman Friend

I do not have any problems with 2 or 3 columns, although the only difference is that I have no left modules. Have you tried that?

rodoart Friend

Even though I add only right-column modules, those start appearing at the bottom of the main body. The only “solution”, which I don’t like at all is to set 1 column in the ja-news module.

I have noticed that lots of other guys are facing several different problems with the ja-news module. Why does this happen? Sorry if this is a silly question but I’m a novice joomla user.

lafrance Friend

<em>@rodoart 6510 wrote:</em><blockquote>Even though I add only right-column modules, those start appearing at the bottom of the main body. The only “solution”, which I don’t like at all is to set 1 column in the ja-news module.

I have noticed that lots of other guys are facing several different problems with the ja-news module. Why does this happen? Sorry if this is a silly question but I’m a novice joomla user.</blockquote>

Yes there is lots of problem for many of us.However it is because of us we have those problem
    The good phrase catch 22 come to mind.

As I cant get it to work on my site I try it on a clean install with minimal component and plugins and manbots follow the step and work like a charm.

So I must say it a A) component or B0 module or C0 manbot that breaking it.

PIerre

growerspro Friend

it worked with the following options set in the html template

option $ja_menutype to 3
    option $ja_tools set to 3

if you chose another ja_tools , it breaks the templates, seems to be a bug there.

it breaks as well is you choose ja_menutype = 4 , it does not work . seems to be a bug in the css

thus i would say start with the template defaults. to see if it works and then start adding one module at a time

see example of working template

http://www.joomla-store.com/mstn/ with joomla store shopping cart installed

ygirod Friend

The template could also be broken when “option $ja_menutype” and “option $ja_tools” are set to “3”.

It’s not the ONLY problem.

If you set “Columns” value to “2”, It’s bugging when you have no value in “Category ID” AND if you have an empty Category.

Solutions:
    – No empty Category
    – Or put values in “Category ID” (comma separated) – but not from empty category of course 😉

Hung Dinh Friend
    Ã…gebror Friend

Hi
    Great design
    Ja news dont work on my site as well
    It breaks the design on my site too, i can only use it with 1 colum, and it dont work with tabs & slide module
    Tabs dont show up
    http://www.thaiboliger.no

and i use the latest version
    Ã…ge

ha le-viet Developer

Hi Ã…ge,

Your site breaks because your content’s image was too big. Try resize your image and try again.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

Ã…gebror Friend

i will try to chang picture size and let you know the result, but what about tab & slide mudule not working.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ã…gebror 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum