Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I’ve modified JA Methys so that the site width is a total of 960px, and eliminated the slider bars to the left and right at the top of the site:

http://www.playershealthclub.com/beta/

What I need to do is keep the #ja-right image (dot.gi) that makes that whole side gray (F5F5F5/whitemsoke) to keep it aligned with the right edge of the site (30%). The code for it is below, but I can’t figure out what needs to be modified to keep the right rail a consistent size.

I’m sure it’s a modification of background-repeat-y: repeat

But not sure what needs to be there instead.

#ja-right
    background: whiteSmoke url(http://www.playershealthclub.com/beta/templates/ja_methys/images/dot.gif) repeat-y 0% 0%;
    background-image: url(http://www.playershealthclub.com/beta/templates/ja_methys/images/dot.gif);
    background-repeat-x: no-repeat;
    background-repeat-y: repeat;
    background-attachment: initial;
    background-position-x: 0%;
    background-position-y: 0%;
    background-origin: initial;
    background-clip: initial;
    background-color: whiteSmoke;

Let me know.

Thanks!
    Anton

John Wesley Brett Moderator

As your CSS Compression is turned ON it is impossible to give you the specific CSS file and line number to change, but you are looking for:

#ja-container {
    background: url("/ja_methys/templates/ja_methys/images/container-bg.gif") repeat-y scroll center top transparent;

}

Get rid of the above background statement and you get rid of the gray area to the right of your right module that is giving the appearance that your right module is fluid. In fact it is rigid and when you delete the above, or better yet, comment it out, you’ll see your right modules lining up perfectly.

If you have further issues, be sure to turn off the CSS Compression so we can better give you a specific remedy to your issue.

Have fun! and nice looking job so far!
    John.

Sherlock Friend

Hi antonr,

I’m not sure about your question, if jbrett can help you, that is best, if not, please explain more further your question, I will help you
    Regards

antonr Friend

<em>@jbrett 250295 wrote:</em><blockquote>As your CSS Compression is turned ON it is impossible to give you the specific CSS file and line number to change, but you are looking for:

#ja-container {
    background: url("/ja_methys/templates/ja_methys/images/container-bg.gif") repeat-y scroll center top transparent;

}

Get rid of the above background statement and you get rid of the gray area to the right of your right module that is giving the appearance that your right module is fluid. In fact it is rigid and when you delete the above, or better yet, comment it out, you’ll see your right modules lining up perfectly.

If you have further issues, be sure to turn off the CSS Compression so we can better give you a specific remedy to your issue.

Have fun! and nice looking job so far!
    John.</blockquote>

Thanks, John.

I’ll look into this now. On top of juggling a major site redesign, I’m also having a helluva day dealing with SugarCRM and a cranky local network.

Some days I miss just playing sax for a living.

I’ll try your suggestion shortly.

Oh, I did find that I could edit the compressed css files and save them and make changes. That was something I didn’t know…although it seems T3 Cache Clear resets my css file names to different ones.

Again, thanks!
    Anton

antonr Friend

Totally worked!

Turning off the CSS minify is helping streamline a lot of the changes I’m making…thanks for that tip.

So a new question has popped up: How do I keep all the 100% width container lines (1px gray horizontal lines) at the 980px size AND keep everything centered. I just tried modify the code:

.wrap
    clear: both;
    width: 980px <——————IT WAS 100%;

#ja-container.ja-r1
    border-top: 1px solid #E5E5E5;
    border-top-width: 1px;
    border-top-style: solid;
    border-top-color: #E5E5E5;
    template.css:605
    #ja-container
    position: relative;
    z-index: 5;
    layout.css:15
    .wrap
    clear: both;
    width: 100%;

…and it made the whole site justify weirdly to the left? I like it all centered.

Again, thanks for the help!

Anton on Hilton Head

<em>@antonr 250606 wrote:</em><blockquote>How do I keep all the 100% width container lines (1px gray horizontal lines) at the 980px size AND keep everything centered. </blockquote>

You simply need to move the “border-top” attribute from the entire container…
    [FONT=”Arial Black”]templates/ja_methys/css/template.css – Line 697[/FONT]

#ja-container.ja-r1 {
    border-top: 1px solid #E5E5E5; <--- delete it here
    }

…and add it to just the MAIN area of the container
    [FONT=”Arial Black”]templates/ja_methys/css/template.css – Line 707[/FONT]

#ja-container .main {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    border-top: 1px solid #E5E5E5; <--- add it here
    }

Since the line is directly beneath the slideshow, you might also want to add a touch of:

margin-top: 5px; to the MAIN to give it some breathing room and make it easier to see.

Same thing for the footer area:
    Take it from template.css line 999 and add it to line 1000

And for the NavHelper area… you will take it from line 865 and add it to line 867.

All you are doing is moving it from the general area to the MAIN area.

Magic! Have fun!
    John.

antonr Friend

John,

Thanks for the quick replies and help. Totally did the trick so far. I love this template, but it seems like by the time I’m finished, I’ll have created almost a new version of Methys.

All good! The support here has been terrific!

And…I’m sure I’ll have more questions before this site development wraps…it’s far and away my most complex site. Lots of moving parts.

Cheers,
    Anton on Hilton Head

Anton, you get it!
    The template is but a “starting point” and you are doing a wonderful job.

Drop a note when you have another question, or when you complete!

John.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum