Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi

To have different backgrounds on different menu items you should be sure also that masshead module is published in interested items too

example :

[Masshead Itemid="471" title="Holocrons Libary" background="images/stories/masshead/mh-libary01.jpg"]The Knowledge of the Galaxy at your fingertips.[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="472" title="Holocrons Guides" background="images/stories/masshead/mh-guides01.jpg"]The power of the Light, the Dark, and something else entirely.[/Masshead]

This module will shows masshead on 2 menu items ( 471 and 472 ) with 2 different images backgrounds in Menu assignments for ja masshead module you should assign it to menu items 471 and 472

Hope it helps

sithlorddrew Friend

The Masshead module is appearing on the two menu items 471 and 472. They are getting the custom title and description. However, they both still have the default background.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Could you update first post adding your backend super user login details ?

I will have a look at your configuration to see what is wrong

sithlorddrew Friend

Updated. Thanks for looking at my site.

pavit Moderator

Hi

I overrided your ja masshead module and added the right syntax to allow different backgrounds

<div class="jamasshead" <?php if(isset($masshead['params']['background'])): ?> style="background-image: url(<?php echo $masshead['params']['background'] ?>)" <?php endif; ?>>
    <h3 class="jamasshead-title"><span><?php echo $masshead['title']; ?></span></h3>
    <div class="jamasshead-desc"><span><?php echo $masshead['description']; ?></span></div>
    </div>

It seems to works fine now

sithlorddrew Friend

For the future what is the file and path that you edited?

sithlorddrew Friend

Also, I noticed some other things have changed. Was the CSS updated? The description font is now grey rather then white. Also, my second installation of Joomla (at the root of my site) has a half-fix of Masshead. Did you edit some files of the of the wrong joomla instance by accident?

EDIT: while looking at the t3-masshead .jamasshead color I am noticing the description text is getting effected by the filter meant just for the background image. That is why it looks darker. it’s fading with the image. How did we fix that?

pavit Moderator

Hi

Was the CSS updated?

Nothing was touched on your css files

I added only in your /www/templates/ja_appolio/html folder the override for your ja_masshead module
    and added the div_class jamasshead in it exactly like it is on the /www/modules/mod_jamasshead/tmpl/default.php

sithlorddrew Friend

I was able to fix my last formatting issue. Thanks for all your help!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sithlorddrew 8 years, 2 months ago.

The topic ‘JA Masshead – use extra paramaters’ is closed to new replies.