Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

anyone else have problems with the JA Map plugin for JA Business. It doesnt work from the quickstart files. I dont get the advanced backend parameters that should be there to enable the map to display. instead I just see the raw code on my contact page:

{jamap target_lat=’47.8186′ target_lon=’-122.2865′ to_location=’Annas Home Furnishings’
    to_location_info='<div style=”line-height:8px”>Annas Home Furnishings<br>
    19909 40th Ave W<br>
    Lynnwood, WA 98036<br>
    425-771-0857</div>’ maptype=’hybrid’ map_width=’500′ map_height=’400′ zoom=’16’
    maptype_control_display=’1′ toolbar_control_display=’1′ }
    Enter your Name:

yvan01 Friend

Hi Alexmncholas,
    I have the same problem.
    After researchs, I found on Ja-Business Guide : “JA Map Plugin is available to JAEC and JA Developer members only)”
    :-[

yvan01 Friend

Another thing: The error message is writing on the mod_custom “JA GMap”.
    So, you can open it and delete it.

Phill Moderator

Yes, the map plugin an extension only available to developer members or those that join the JAEC (JA Extensions Club). That is for the J1.5 version. At this moment in time the J1.6 download does include the map plugin so if you are using that then please make sure it is installed and enabled.

alexmnicholas Friend

its a bit cheeky of joomlart to sell JA Business template but not allow access to the JA Map plugin which they demonstrate as part of their template demo for J1.5 :((

Phill Moderator

It is clearly mentioned in the announcement thread. Most template clubs do similar.

alexmnicholas Friend

you guys never used to do this…. a while back what you demonstrated in your demo was always available in the quickstart…. including all components and plugins… disappointed that I just renewed my template membership for another 3 months.

Phill Moderator

There are plenty of googlemap plugins available on the JED that will also do the job just as well.

To be fair to JA they have always had the JAEC and there have always been extensions only available to Dev/JAEC members. If everything was included in the basic membership there would be absolutely no sales incentives for users to spend on anything but the basic membership.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum