Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi. 🙂

I am testing Mitius (not responsive) with Joomla 3.0.3 here: http://www.elvesus.com/

How can I get rid of the white field under the slideshow on Home page?

I can almost get rid of this field with removing padding top an bottom to 0px; (a thin white stripe is left), but that affect the other pages (line 3448/3449 in template.css).

.ja-mainbody .container {
    background: #000
    padding-top: 30px;
    padding-bottom: 30px;
    }

I also tried removing this line:

<?php $this->loadBlock ('mainbody-content-left') ?>

in “default.php” file located in the “tpls” folder in the template folder. This removes the field but affect the other pages.
    But maybe I could do this if I make my own template, copy the original Mitius template folder, zip that and install it with a another name and change that?

Or is it a much simpler and better way to achive this?

Tom Løkka

1. atlebrenden
    Ninja Lead Moderator

You don’t need to change .ja-mainbody .container in php code of default.php file. You can clone default.php file and remove the script from the cloned file

and display cloned file at HOME page.

toloekka Friend

Thanks Ninja Lead.

I will try your suggestion. I will come back to you. 🙂

Tom Løkka

toloekka Friend

Hi again.

I did not get it right.:((

By clone, do you mean “Save as Copy” of the the “default” choise in the dropdown menu (to the right of “Position & Responsive Configuration”) in the Layout Tab in Template Manager?
    I did so and a new php file (I called it “default-clone.php”) appeared in tpls folder in the Template folder and a new choice
    “default-clone.php” appears in the dropdown menu.
    In the new file “default-clone.php” I removed the line:

If this is the right way to clone, where do I display the cloned php file at Home page?
    Should this cloned file name appear in the Home menu item under Template style? If so, it did not.

Tom Løkka

Ninja Lead Moderator

Many way work with this case, please rollback to default anything and if possible you can pm me URL, admin access and ftp account of your site. I shall help you directly of your site and feedback to you the solution.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I fixed the problem of your site as follows

+ Add new file home_custom.php into: templates/ja_mitius/tpls/

+ Duplicate JA Mitus Default template

+ Rename Clone template to JA Mitius – Custom and appear it with home_custom

+ Assign it to Home

Please check it again, let me know if it helps

toloekka Friend

This works great and thanks a lot Ninja Lead! 🙂

For others that this can be helpfull, you removed this line from the new file home_custom.php into: templates/ja_mitius/tpls/:

(I now replaced bootsrap.css and template.css with my own for some adjustment as you can see).

Tom Løkka

toloekka Friend

I have now removed the Mitius from http://www.elvesus.com/ as the testing is over and I got a solution. http://www.elvesus.com/ have now my own “old” Site again.:)

Tom Løkka

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  toloekka 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum