Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi there – having some difficulty changing the tempalte parameters. For example, I try to add custom code it tellem it is saved but the code doesnt show.

If i try to remove the T3 footer same thing, it tells me it has been saved but the T3 button goes back to the default.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

pavit Moderator

Any ideas?

Hi there

If we cannot access your website backend it is hard to provide a valid answer

You can edit your post and add a temp super user account to your backend , so we can look at it and answer with a correct solution

Regards

ajarnken Friend

Thanks Pavit – Im new here – Ive just sent the back end details

Many thanks

Ken Thorkildsen

pavit Moderator

Hi there

Please uninstall JSN Power admin from your backend and set default Joomla administrator template

Power admin is using it’s own bootstrap files

Let me know if this fix your issues

Best regards

ajarnken Friend

Thanks very much – that did indeed fix the problem.

another question on the Template parameters – the SHARE THIS section doesnt appear. WEl it appears but the SOCIAL ICONS dont appear.

I have followed the instructions but cant seem to see what the problem is.

Any advice or help you can give?

Regards

Ken Thorkildsen

pavit Moderator

I have followed the instructions but cant seem to see what the problem is.

Hi there

Your settings are correct , problem is coming from your php directives not correctly set for a Joomla website

When you add your add-this code to the template configuration it strips your code when you save adding characters to it

It is now

<s-cript type="text/j-avascript" 

Correct code should be indeed

<script type="text/javascript" 

That’s why your share this buttons are not appearing

So you should ask your hosting provider to verify if your php directives specified on my image below are correct for a Joomla website.

Best regards

1. Screenshot_43
    ajarnken Friend

Hi Pavit – thanks for your reply – my host company has said the following –

PHP directives are set as per the requirement, kindly ask your template provider what issues they are facing while uploading the template and share the errors with us to help you accordingly.

any ideas?

Regards

Ken Thorkildsen

pavit Moderator

any ideas?

Hi

I cannot replicate your issue on my system This is not a template issue , If all php directives are set correctly then share your problem with your hosting provider , i already described above which is the problem

When you try to add js code like

<script type="text/javascript"

then it saves it altering code like this

<s-cript type="text/j-avascript"

so some templates features like Add-This sharing tools cannot works correctly

ajarnken Friend

Thanks Pavit,

My hosting company can not find the problem and have said that this is a Joomla issue, although it works find offline on my localhost.

If I was to add the code directly to a file, which file is it that I could use on the template?

Regards

Ken Thorkildsen

pavit Moderator

If I was to add the code directly to a file, which file is it that I could use on the template?

Hi there

This is not due to a template configuration or Joomla file , this is pretty a php configuration , specific settting should be "Magic Quotes Off " as showed in my image below, and this is something that should be done by your hosting provider or from your hosting cpanel if your user is authorized to perform such changes.

Regards

1. Screenshot_11
    ajarnken Friend

Hi Pavit – thanks I have spoken to my hosting provider they have said that MAGOC QUOTE are already off as per the screenshot they have sent me https://tickets.cloudways.com/attachments/token/kfdOpG2jkXkeqQohu3kW4B6uw/?name=MagisQuotes.jpg

I have also tried upgrading PHP to 5.6 and downgrading to 5.4 but still the problem persists.

Can you advise, is there a file that I can amend on the tempate to insert the script directly, instead of going through the template manager?

Regards

Ken Thorkildsen

pavit Moderator

Can you advise, is there a file that I can amend on the tempate to insert the script directly, instead of going through the template manager?

Hi

Try in this way :

Edit this file /templates/ja_magz_ii/tpls/blocks/head.php and add the script at the end of file below

You can add Google Analytics here or use T3 Injection feature 

Let me know if it works.

ajarnken Friend

Hi PAvit – yes!! Thanks very much, it now shows on the page.

One last question, to get the Social Icons in the article as per the demo, how is this set up on AddThis? I mean, which buttons do I use on AddThis?

Ive been trying them all and it doesnt appear to be able to put them into the article as per the demo.

Many thanks for all your assistance

Ken Thorkildsen

ajarnken Friend

Pavit, further to previous question, I belive everything has now been resolved.

Many thanks again for your patience and help.

Regards

Ken Thorkildsen

pavit Moderator

Ive been trying them all and it doesnt appear to be able to put them into the article as per the demo.

Hi there

I can see share buttons correctly appearing on website article

I’m missing something ? if so please explain in details your question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ajarnken 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum