Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    When enabling the ja_login module my website are filled with unauthorized user registrations. This is just spam, you can see it by the name and e-mail address to each user.

I am using the ReCaptcha option, but it seem to not help.

What can i do to prevent this ? All suggestions are very appreciated cause this is an online site.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can try to user SPAM PROTECTION from JED

Hope it helps

nettemor Friend

ok, i have now installed a plugin called SpambotCheck, hopefully this will make a difference.
    I cant see how it integrates with the login, but its enabled and i will just wait to see if it works.

nettemor Friend

Sorry to say but this SpambotCheck (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-security/spam-protection/14027) did not work well on ja_login. I have already received 5 new user registrations so i had to unpublish the ja_login again.

This extentsion was supposed to help with preventing spam users to be logged in. Maybe i was using it wrong. Besides this i dont know which extentsion will work on my problem. The problem is not spamming in the forum (i am not using kuena), the problem is that spam users are able to somehow registrated as a user. And they manage to do this through ja_login even if i am using recaptcha.
    Any other suggestions what to try ? It should not be this simple to registrate as a user, should it ?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi nettemor,

Our customers are using JA Login module including integration with captcha plugin but they don’t get spam as you mentioned. You can pm admin access and ftp account of your site, I shall check it for you.

Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum