Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

It looks like the link to access admin panel of your site doesn’t work, could you check again?

And also share me the FTP account so I will take a look.

Regards

emwebmaster Friend

Hi Saguaros, thanks for responding to my thread.

I’ve updated my original post with the requested info, and double-checked the admin panel. It should work now.

Since my original post I’ve wiped/restored my site using Akeeba Backup and Kickstart to a version from 4/30. What’s really striking is that the homepage is still showing a news post from 5/4 — even though that article and even its database entry no longer exist. Trying to click through to the article results in a 404.

Furthermore my users and I have both noticed that when trying to view the forum the system is logging you in as another random user. However, from the administrator back-end that "wrong user" is not reflected as being online, only the actual user account.

This all leads me to believe there is some very odd caching going on; does any of that make sense?

Saguaros Moderator

Let me check and will get back to you.

Saguaros Moderator

Could you check again? it’s working now.

emwebmaster Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I’m seeing somewhat inconsistent behavior. It looks like the JA Login module is able to successfully log in/out on the homepage and individual article pages, however I am seeing issues from the page with my Kuena forum (it’s logging me in as another user; and attempts to logout are met with an "Invalid token" message) and on my article category pages and Phoca Download section (attempts to login lead to an "Invalid token" message).

Example category pages:
    http://filmtvsound.com/index.php/audio-gear/boompoles
    http://filmtvsound.com/index.php/videography

Kuena forum:
    http://filmtvsound.com/index.php/forum

Phoca Download sections:
    http://filmtvsound.com/index.php/user-manuals

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I tried to login forum and it worked but not for the Phoca download, I wonder whether there is some cache issue on this extension or not.

Did you try to check with default Joomla template?

emwebmaster Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Whenever I (or others) even click on the forum it automatically displays me as logged in (even if I haven’t actually signed in via JA Login) as a "Claudia A." (one of our users). The JA Login snippet in the top even shows as logged in. So something is clearly caching there.

If by "check with the default Joomla template" you mean attempting to change the template used by the forum via Kunena Forum/Template Manger, then yes I tried all the other available templates but saw no difference or change in log-in behavior.

emwebmaster Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I tried setting up my site on another domain (even on another host) just to rule-out any odd caching issues from my current one (Bluehost); I have reason to suspect some odd caching behavior was occuring there.

I’ve setup my site here: http://minorityrecruiting.us/index.php/homepage (same logins and credentials apply) and for the most part JA Login seems to be working normally.

Except when I apply "Remember Me". If I login with that enabled, when I try to logout the page just reloads but I am still logged in.

Saguaros Moderator

Do you mean that you still use the logout link of JA Login module on the top left of site?

I tried to login, then logout but it worked as normal.

emwebmaster Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I resolved the aforementioned "Remember Me" issue on minorityrecruiting.us by setting my "OSE V5 User" plugin settings from Logout Redirection On to Off — tl;dr it was redirecting upon logout.

It appears my caching woes all stemmed from the "Varnish" server cache on my Bluehost server needing to be purged; after contacting Bluehost they cleared it and now the login issues appear to have been resolved.

So I suppose this issue is now resolved. Thanks again for all your help and patience with my issue, I really do appreciate it.

To future troubleshooters, I’d recommend standing up a copy of your site on another host (Akeeba Backup makes this very easy) to first ensure there’s nothing wrong with your code. If everything works fine there, then look into clearing your server cache (not to be confused with just the Joomla! one); you may need your hosting provider’s tech support to do this for you.

Saguaros Moderator

You’re right! And thanks for sharing.

Have a nice day!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum