Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

How do you remove “create an account” from ja login?
    I want registration to use jomsocial

Phill Moderator

Are you using any capcha scripts?

I also had this problem but added a capcha to the JA Login form as you can see here – http://www.windsurf.me.uk/

I did think about removing the create an account but felt the functionality to be good so stuck with it. Does your standard registration page have capcha? If not registrations could also come from there.

jaxartists Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 207827 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you using any capcha scripts?

I also had this problem but added a capcha to the JA Login form as you can see here – http://www.windsurf.me.uk/

I did think about removing the create an account but felt the functionality to be good so stuck with it. Does your standard registration page have capcha? If not registrations could also come from there.</blockquote>

I can see but how did you add it? it will be helpful if you do share it here. I also want to use jomsocial registration.

Phill Moderator

I used the OSOL Captcha available from the JED – http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-security/captcha/11521

I then opened template>ja_community_plus>html>mod_jalogin>default.php and around line 140 found the code

<?php echo "Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required."; ?>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <div class="button-round"><span><button class="button validate" type="submit"><?php echo JText::_('Register'); ?></button></span></div>
    <input type="hidden" name="task" value="register_save" />
    <input type="hidden" name="id" value="0" />
    <input type="hidden" name="gid" value="0" />
    <?php echo JHTML::_( 'form.token' ); ?>

Above it I added the following code

<?php
    global $mainframe;
    //set the argument below to true if you need to show vertically( 3 cells one below the other)
    $mainframe->triggerEvent('onShowOSOLCaptcha', array(true));
    ?>

so it looks like this.

<td>
    <input class="inputbox required validate-passverify" type="password" id="password2" name="password2" size="40" value="" /> *
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">
    <?php
    global $mainframe;
    //set the argument below to true if you need to show vertically( 3 cells one below the other)
    $mainframe->triggerEvent('onShowOSOLCaptcha', array(true));
    ?>
    <?php echo "Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required."; ?>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <div class="button-round"><span><button class="button validate" type="submit"><?php echo JText::_('Register'); ?></button></span></div>
    <input type="hidden" name="task" value="register_save" />
    <input type="hidden" name="id" value="0" />
    <input type="hidden" name="gid" value="0" />
    <?php echo JHTML::_( 'form.token' ); ?>
    </form>

Simple as that really. You can add the bit of code to most login forms to add the captcha to them too. Out of the box the plugin will add captcha to all the default Joomla forms you select in the plugins parameters but forms such as Ja_Login are overrides so need the code added. I choose not to include the captcha on the login form, just on registration and contact pages. I also have added it to a custom form I have made with anonther third party component, chronoforms.

andybott Friend

If you like the Create an account button but want to use Jomsocial for registrations like me, (especially if you use custom profiles from jomsoc2) then you can also change the “create and account” button to a link to the jomsocial registration page. works ok !

benjaminjb Friend

Very helpful post Phill… thank you!

codger Friend

Thanks from me too, Phill.

I had seen the osol code but had not had the confidence to try it. I have now tried it with my teline ii template and it works fine although there were some formatting issues.

However, as you say, it make more sense to put it on the registration page so I had already managed to utilise ReCaptcha for that. (I can’t work out where to put the osol code for the registration page.)

In spite of that, I am getting a steady stream of spam registrations plus occasional span forums posts at http://www.ticknall.org.uk/

Any suggestions?

Phill Moderator

How many registrations per day? It is getting to the point where many spammers are registering manually and that you will never stop. But is is worth checking whether you have any other registration components running. I’ve seen this a few time where people have for instance switched to alpharegistrations or K2 etc and protected those but forget that if someone knows what they are doing the spammer can still access the standard registration page. Check all your components and make sure they are all protected.

codger Friend

A bit of a surge on atm, with perhaps four regs per day.

I have looked again at the alpharegistrations config and made registration a bit more tedious. I have also added mail.ru to the domains list. I have kunena forums but there is no separate reg for them. The classifieds component has both registration and login protected by osolcaptcha.

I really do not know what else to do. :((

thangnn1510 Friend

<em>@codger 213871 wrote:</em><blockquote>A bit of a surge on atm, with perhaps four regs per day.

I have looked again at the alpharegistrations config and made registration a bit more tedious. I have also added mail.ru to the domains list. I have kunena forums but there is no separate reg for them. The classifieds component has both registration and login protected by osolcaptcha.

I really do not know what else to do. :((</blockquote>

It is hard to prevent spamers if they register manually. We only could reduce spam automatically by Re-capcha system.

phicts Friend

How about adding EasyCalCheckPlus to the JA Login module? The extension looks very promising and worked out of the box in my installation for some of the forms. There’s an override for the JA Login module (?) though so I can’t make it work in my site specifically in the user registration form.

The extension developer provided an example for the override. Can anyone make this work in the JA Login module?

melanieb Friend

Hi, can you tell me how you did this as I too am bombarded with spam. I also need to capture specific data for different profiles on sign up so it has to be the jomsocial create account.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Phill Moderator

Why not use the built in Captcha that comes with Joomla 2.5? There are also a number of antispam extensions available on the JED that will also help.

melanieb Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 340828 wrote:</em><blockquote>Why not use the built in Captcha that comes with Joomla 2.5? There are also a number of antispam extensions available on the JED that will also help.</blockquote>

Hi Phil,

I am using reCaptcha and stopthespam etc. everywhere I possibly can. I think for me I just need the ‘Create an Account’ link to point to the jomsocial registration form. I think the file I need to edit is: templates/ja_social/html/mod_jalogin/default.php

Below is the code in that file. I found a change someone else had madeto this code, which replaced the login text, it still displayed the username and password bits. But it did at least open the jomsocial get connected form. I want to leave the login bit as it is, but when a user clicks on create an account, I just want that to open the jomsocial registration page. I tried changing this section:
    [PHP] <?php
    $usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( ‘com_users’ );
    if ($usersConfig->get(‘allowUserRegistration’)) : ?>
    <a href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(‘index.php?option=com_users&view=registration’); ?>”>
    <?php echo JText::_(‘REGISTER’); ?></a>[/PHP]
    pointing it to the jomsocial page, then deleting all the values after that up to the last </div>
    It had no effect. How do I just have a basic link for create account, that doesn’t open the form in the drop down box, but instead just loads the jomsocial page?

[PHP]<?php // no direct access
    defined(‘_JEXEC’) or die(‘Restricted access’); ?>
    <?php if($type == ‘logout’) : ?>
    <li>
    <form action=”<?php echo JRoute::_(‘index.php’, true, $params->get(‘usesecure’)); ?>” method=”post” name=”form-login” id=”login-form”>
    <?php if ($params->get(‘greeting’)) : ?>
    <?php if($params->get(‘name’) == 0) : {
    echo JText::sprintf(‘HINAME’, $user->get(‘username’));
    } else : {
    echo JText::sprintf(‘HINAME’, $user->get(‘name’));
    } endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <input type=”submit” name=”Submit” class=”button logout-button” value=”<?php echo JText::_(‘JLOGOUT’); ?>” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”option” value=”com_users” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”task” value=”user.logout” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”return” value=”<?php echo $return; ?>” />
    <?php echo JHtml::_(‘form.token’); ?>
    </form>
    </li>
    <?php else : ?>
    <li>
    <a class=”login-switch” href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(‘index.php?option=com_user&view=login’);?>” onclick=”showBox(‘ja-user-login’,’mod_login_username’,this, window.event || event);return false;” title=”<?php JText::_(‘Login’);?>”><span>Login</span></a>

<!–LOFIN FORM content–>
    <div id=”ja-user-login” style=”width:370px;”>
    <?php if(JPluginHelper::isEnabled(‘authentication’, ‘openid’)) : ?>
    <?php JHTML::_(‘script’, ‘openid.js’); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <form action=”<?php echo JRoute::_(‘index.php’, true, $params->get(‘usesecure’)); ?>” method=”post” name=”form-login” id=”login-form” >
    <div class=”pretext”>
    <?php echo $params->get(‘pretext’); ?>
    </div>
    <fieldset class=”userdata”>
    <label for=”modlgn-username” class=”ja-login-user” id=”form-login-username”>
    <span><?php echo JText::_(‘Username’) ?>:</span><br/>
    <input id=”modlgn-username” type=”text” name=”username” class=”inputbox” size=”18″ />
    </label>
    <label for=”modlgn-passwd” class=”ja-login-password” id=”form-login-password”>
    <span><?php echo JText::_(‘Password’) ?>: </span> <br />
    <input type=”password” id=”modlgn-passwd” name=”password” class=”inputbox” size=”20″ alt=”password” />
    </label>
    <?php if (JPluginHelper::isEnabled(‘system’, ‘remember’)) : ?>
    <label for=”modlgn-remember” id=”form-login-remember”>

<input id=”modlgn-remember” type=”checkbox” name=”remember” class=”inputbox” value=”yes”/>
    </label>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <input type=”submit” name=”Submit” class=”button” value=”<?php echo JText::_(‘JLOGIN’) ?>” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”task” value=”user.login” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”return” value=”<?php echo $return; ?>” />
    <?php echo JHtml::_(‘form.token’); ?>
    </fieldset>
    <div class=”ja-login-links clearfix”>
    <a href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(‘index.php?option=com_users&view=reset’); ?>”>
    <?php echo JText::_(‘FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD’); ?></a>
    <a href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(‘index.php?option=com_users&view=remind’); ?>”>
    <?php echo JText::_(‘FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME’); ?></a>
    <?php
    $usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( ‘com_users’ );
    if ($usersConfig->get(‘allowUserRegistration’)) : ?>
    <a href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(‘index.php?option=com_users&view=registration’); ?>”>
    <?php echo JText::_(‘REGISTER’); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>
    <?php echo $params->get(‘posttext’); ?>
    </form>
    </div>

</li>
    <?php
    $option = JRequest::getCmd(‘option’);
    $task = JRequest::getCmd(‘task’);
    if($option!=’com_user’ && $task != ‘register’) { ?>
    <li>
    <a class=”register-switch” href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(“index.php?option=com_users&task=registration”);?>” onclick=”showBox(‘ja-user-register’,’namemsg’,this, window.event || event);return false;” >
    <span><?php echo JText::_(‘REGISTER’);?></span>
    </a>
    <!–LOFIN FORM content–>
    <script type=”text/javascript” src=”<?php echo JURI::base();?>media/system/js/validate.js”></script>
    <div id=”ja-user-register” style=”width:370px;”>
    <script type=”text/javascript”>
    /*
    Window.onDomReady(function(){
    document.formvalidator.setHandler(‘passverify’, function (value) { return ($(‘password’).value == value); } );
    });
    */
    </script>

<?php
    ///if(isset($this->message)){
    // $this->display(‘message’);
    //}
    ?>
    <form id=”member-registration” action=”<?php echo JRoute::_(‘index.php?option=com_users&task=registration.register’); ?>” method=”post” class=”form-validate”>
    <fieldset>
    <?php if (isset($fieldset->label)):// If the fieldset has a label set, display it as the legend.?>
    <legend><?php echo JText::_($fieldset->label);?></legend>
    <?php endif;?>
    <table cellpadding=”0″ cellspacing=”0″ border=”0″ width=”100%” class=”contentpane”>
    <tr>
    <td width=”30%”>
    <label class=”hasTip required” for=”jform_name” id=”jform_name-lbl” title=”Name<br>Enter your full name”>
    <?php echo JText::_( ‘Name’ ); ?>:</label>
    </td>
    <td><input type=”text” size=”30″ value=”” class=”inputbox required” maxlength=”50″ id=”jform_name” name=”jform[name]” /><span class=”red”>*</span></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td><label title=”” class=”hasTip required” for=”jform_username” id=”jform_username-lbl”>
    <?php echo JText::_( ‘Username’ ); ?>:</label></td>
    <td><input type=”text” size=”30″ class=”inputbox required” value=”” id=”jform_username” name=”jform[username]” /><span class=”red”>*</span></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td><label title=”” class=”hasTip required” for=”jform_password1″ id=”jform_password1-lbl”>
    <?php echo JText::_( ‘Password’ ); ?>:</label></td>
    <td><input type=”password” size=”30″ class=”inputbox required” value=”” id=”jform_password1″ name=”jform[password1]” /><span class=”red”>*</span>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td><label title=”” class=”hasTip required” for=”jform_password2″ id=”jform_password2-lbl”>
    <?php echo JText::_( ‘Confirm Password’ ); ?>:</label></td>
    <td><input type=”password” size=”30″ class=”inputbox required” value=”” id=”jform_password2″ name=”jform[password2]” /><span class=”red”>*</span></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td><label title=”” class=”hasTip required” for=”jform_email1″ id=”jform_email1-lbl”><?php echo JText::_( ‘Email’ ); ?>:</label></td>
    <td><input type=”text” size=”30″ class=”inputbox required” value=”” id=”jform_email1″ name=”jform” /><span class=”red”>*</span></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td><label title=”” class=”hasTip required” for=”jform_email2″ id=”jform_email2-lbl”>
    <?php echo JText::_( ‘Confirm email Address’); ?>:</label></td>
    <td><input type=”text” size=”30″ class=”inputbox required” value=”” id=”jform_email2″ name=”jform” /><span class=”red”>*</span></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </fieldset>
    <br />
    <p><?php echo “Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.”; ?></p>
    <button type=”submit” class=”button validate”><?php echo JText::_(‘REGISTER’);?></button>
    <div>
    <input type=”hidden” name=”task” value=”registration.register” />
    <?php echo JHtml::_(‘form.token’);?>
    </div>
    </form>
    <!– Old code –>
    </div>
    </li>
    <?php } ?>
    <!–LOFIN FORM content–>
    <?php endif; ?>[/PHP]

melanieb Friend

I am goping to start a new thread for this as I think I have taken it off topic.

My apologies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  melanieb 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum