Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know how to change the colour to white as it only lets u do orange blue and green so i wonderd if there was a way to have white instead?

also how do make the width so it is full/fluid/100% width so the sides go away?

if anyone knows how please let me know
    thanks
    emma
    🙂

cwigg Friend

Hi, fluid/auto is not supported in this template. To make white, you’d have to edit the files in one of the images/ folders.
    menalto may help you – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-larix-template-width/
    And look here for the template change for the background color
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-larix-template-colour/

TomC Moderator

It will basically require your creating new image files for the areas where you want “white” – or, actually, simply removing/replacing the CSS parameters that are displaying the colors you do not want.

For the background image, it’s a simple matter of changing the CSS rule controling the background image – I believe it’s at line 25 (or so) in the template.css.css . .

body#bd {
    color: #403C3A;
    background: #E1D8C3;
    }

If I’m not mistaken, this is the default for the “orange” color scheme. Try changing the background to #FFFFFF and see what happens. (Bear in mind, there are also corresponding “shadow” images found within the “wrapper” CSS rules. Depending on which of the three color schemes is selected, the corresponding “shadow” image is used. If you change your background to “white,” you will likley need to create two new “shadow” images … otherwise, you will have a bit of a color hue on your site margins against the white background.

#ja-wrapper2 {
    padding-right: 14px;
    background: url(../images/shadow-right.gif) repeat-y right #FFFFFF;
    }

#ja-wrapper3 {
    padding-left: 14px;
    background: url(../images/shadow-left.gif) repeat-y left;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

Hope that makes sense. As always, trial-and-error experimentation can result in wonders.

😎

TOM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 16 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum