Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Using the JA K2 Filter to search/filter specific K2 items. We have K2 items set up and using the extra fields for search criteria. Working well – but I do have one issue. Some of our K2 items are for blog articles, etc. and we do not want them appearing in the search results.

The only time the blog-related K2 items show up – is when a user clicks SEARCH (in the JA K2 filter) without first selecting any of the OTHER extra fields.

I know I could exclude the other K2 items by turning ON the CATEGORY filter on the JA-K2 module. However for design-style reasons we do not want to have the category filter appear on the front end.

1.) If we use the CATEGORY filter – turned on at the module level, and only one specific category set at the module level, is there a way to NOT have the category filter drop down appear on the front end?

2.) Is there another method to restrict a specific JA K2 module to only look at certain K2 items?

Thank you.

rsystems Friend

Same issue here, should be updated in next version Moonsailor said

MoonSailor Friend

Hi rob2324,

<blockquote>
    1.) If we use the CATEGORY filter – turned on at the module level, and only one specific category set at the module level, is there a way to NOT have the category filter drop down appear on the front end?
    </blockquote>

I will discuss with development team and reply you soon.

<blockquote>
    2.) Is there another method to restrict a specific JA K2 module to only look at certain K2 items?
    </blockquote>
    Sorry, I don’t really get what you mean here. Could you please be more specific so that I can offer the proper help?

rsystems Friend

I think he means that you can’t select the scope in the module.

rsystems Friend

Could the open issues be combined into one update? Really looking forward to it as our website is live now.. but I don’t like the way the search results look!

MoonSailor Friend

Hi rsystems,

I know. We will try as soon as possible 🙂

rsystems Friend

Thanks! 🙂

rob2324 Friend

<em>@MoonSailor 355039 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi rob2324,

I will discuss with development team and reply you soon.

Sorry, I don’t really get what you mean here. Could you please be more specific so that I can offer the proper help?</blockquote>

If #1 is added to the extension, my problem is solved and I believe the extension is better for all users.
    #2 was simply a question (is there another way to accomplish the same end result). If your development team incorporates #1 into the extension, #2 is not required.

Thank you for your responses, really hope to see the added functionality.
    Best Regards

rsystems Friend

<em>@MoonSailor 356232 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi rsystems,

I know. We will try as soon as possible :)</blockquote>

Hi MoonSailor,

Do you have an idea when? Our website is live now since 1 month but I really don’t like the way it looks.. I want to set amount of columns for search results.. :((

Kind regards, Maarten

MoonSailor Friend

Hi rsystems,

All tickets about K2 are hold inprogress as I do not have time to update it. I will get back to users asap and change stt right now.

HeR0 Friend

Hi There,

Last weekend, we have released a new version with bug fixes and some new features for this extension. Unfortunately, we could not fulfill your request this time as it would need more time.

Here is the release announcement : http://www.joomlart.com/updates/joomla-extensions/k2-filter-version-105-for-joomla-25-31-new-features-improvements-and-major-bug-fix

Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum