Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi. As I understand it, the ajax filter will allow the filtered results to show up in the same space that the original list was (within the div with the k2Component id), once the user presses Search.

It doesn’t work that way on my site. When Ajax is set to yes, it loads a whole new page with a non-existent template (I assume due to the tmpl=component field).

I don’t have experience with javascript, so it’s a miracle I’ve figured out this much so far 😉
    Can you tell me where I should be looking to make sure the results load in the same page?

Thanks!

Anonymous Moderator

Hello,

I could not find a paid subscription associated with your account.
    In case you used a different account to purchase JA K2 Filter, please help to login to Joomlart with that paid account to post questions, otherwise we cannot help.
    We are only able to provide technical support for active paid Joomlart members according to our support policy.

lclarke Friend

Oops. Sorry. We had someone else build our site, and we were going to buy all of the plugins they used when we launched. I went ahead and purchased this one now.

I appreciate the help.

lclarke Friend

More info:

I’m getting the following error in the Chrome console: "TypeError: window.addEvent is not a function."
    Could this be related?

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

The message indicates that your site doesn’t include mootools library.

Please post your site url admin + ftp account so I will check for you.

Regards

lclarke Friend

Hi. Thank you for your reply.

I discovered that myself earlier today. I added mootools, and I also noticed that it looked like two versions of jquery were being loaded. I commented one of them out. The next thing I noticed was a 404 error for package.json. I found a sample package.json file online and uploaded it to the right place.

Now the error messages are gone, and it’s not opening up a new template page anymore, but it is still not behaving correctly. It’s behaving exactly the same way as it does when the ajax option is not enabled. (i.e. reloading the whole page to display results.) I did verify that ajax is enabled.

[Edited to add: in learning more about package.json, I can see that my sample may have silenced the errors, but it likely doesn’t have the right info in it. If this file is needed by the plugin, please let me know where I can get the correct version.]

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

It due to the conflict of javascript so ajax doesn’t work. You can put your site’s URL here so I will investigate further.

Regards

lclarke Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

It will be hard to detect the issue without seeing your site closely.

You can share the login details via private reply (only Moderators can see) so I can investigate further and help you out.

Regards

lclarke Friend

I’m sorry, there is no possible way for you to login remotely. I can’t even do it, and I work there.

Is there nothing you can suggest?

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

It’s hard to give suggestion without detect the bug closely.

Pls make sure that mootools library call in first priority before other Javascript file then jQuery library. As I can see in the source file you sent, the mootools is load last.

Or you can use Akeeba backup and take a backup of your site then send me the backup file, I will investigate it further from my end.

Regards

lclarke Friend

How do I make mootools first priority? I put JHtml::_(‘behavior.framework’, true); in my template’s index.php immediately after the "head" tag, and it still inserts the mootools calls after the other js.

lclarke Friend

Ok, I got it working. I tried so many different things over the course of 2 weeks, that I no longer have any idea what fixed it. I know the last thing I did was to comment out an extra call to jquery in the footer, but that was also one of the first things I did several days ago, and it didn’t work then. It must have been a combination of things that did it.

Thanks for all of your help.

Mo0nlight Moderator

Glad to hear that you got it works now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Have a nice day!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mo0nlight 7 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum