Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

So the 2.5 beta has been released (here – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=447) – has anyone had a go with it yet?

I am a huge JoomlArt fan and would really like to implement this JobBoard but, having read of the tribulations of those who have tried to use JB 1.5 was very much deterred from taking the plunge with that version.

I truly want to go with 2.5 but, before I part with $290, has anyone managed to get it working? I know this release is just a beta, but I hope this thread will endure so that those who have had success with 2.5 can sing about it and JA can get the recognition they deserve for what seems for them to have been a bit of a nightmare too!

D

zorigo Friend

I am installing it from the Quickstart right now. Will update this post on my experience.

zorigo Friend

My experience with 2.5 so far.

– Downloaded and extracted the quickstart files to a new directory.
    – Uploaded all of the quickstart files to a fresh install on the web server.
    – Pulled up my site and was presented with the install steps
    – 1. selected my language – next
    – 2. pre-installation – everything checks out yes/green – next
    – 3. GNU License – next
    – 4. Entered DB info – next
    – 5. FTP Info – next (skipped this)
    – 6. Main config – entered site name, e-mail, passwords AND clicked Install Sample date (sample data installed successfuly)
    – 7. Hit next, goes back to main config page. Hit next, goes back to main config page. Hit next, goes back to main config page. etc.

Seems I can’t even get past the quickstart installation. >:(

zorigo Friend

BTW…I did a fresh install twice with the same result.

Paul Massell Friend

same result here. Installed sample data; hit Next then back to same page.

<em>@zorigo 325635 wrote:</em><blockquote>BTW…I did a fresh install twice with the same result.</blockquote>

zorigo Friend

I was able to get around this by just manually deleting the installation directory at this point. However, some of the same old demons are still creeping up. For example, in the location form, some of the states a listed as children of other states (see attached image).

I’m still working on the configuration, but so far it seems they just took the old, impossible to configure/set up 1.5 and simply made it compatible with 2.5 without solving any of the issues.

1. location_id
    beastmode54 JA JobBoard

I have used the old Job Board on a few sites. And one minute I am really happy and the next it makes me cry. Job Board is really close to being GREAT, but it seems there are always a few things that hold it back.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<em>@zorigo 325634 wrote:</em><blockquote>My experience with 2.5 so far.

– Downloaded and extracted the quickstart files to a new directory.
    – Uploaded all of the quickstart files to a fresh install on the web server.
    – Pulled up my site and was presented with the install steps
    – 1. selected my language – next
    – 2. pre-installation – everything checks out yes/green – next
    – 3. GNU License – next
    – 4. Entered DB info – next
    – 5. FTP Info – next (skipped this)
    – 6. Main config – entered site name, e-mail, passwords AND clicked Install Sample date (sample data installed successfuly)
    – 7. Hit next, goes back to main config page. Hit next, goes back to main config page. Hit next, goes back to main config page. etc.

Seems I can’t even get past the quickstart installation. >:(</blockquote>

Hello zorigo,

Please try to hit refresh button on your browser.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<em>@zorigo 325649 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was able to get around this by just manually deleting the installation directory at this point. However, some of the same old demons are still creeping up. For example, in the location form, some of the states a listed as children of other states (see attached image).

I’m still working on the configuration, but so far it seems they just took the old, impossible to configure/set up 1.5 and simply made it compatible with 2.5 without solving any of the issues.</blockquote>

yes, in the first version for J!2.5, we do not develop any new feature, it’s the upgrade from version for J!1.5. So current sites that are using old Jobboard version can easily upgrade to new version (guide).

We are developing the next version of Job board for J!2.5, so you can submit a bug or request a new feature on forums.
    Thanks for your comment.

marceltj Friend

Question for dev team. Are the fixes for bugs which have been reported on the forum also being incorporated to new 2.5 versions?

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<em>@marceltj 326053 wrote:</em><blockquote>Question for dev team. Are the fixes for bugs which have been reported on the forum also being incorporated to new 2.5 versions?</blockquote>

Yes, almost bugs in forum will be created in our bug tracker system and assigned to dev team. We will fix and apply for the next versions. You can check the change log of our products for more information. The list of issues which has been fixed or added in each version could be found there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum