Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I recently installed the JA Helio template (not using quick install) as I had some content on my site already. The site had been working “normal” before the install, but now when I access the Site Firefox (v 3.5.3) brings up a pop-up window asking for the FTP password. If I enter the password it requires it 2 more times (total of 3). Even when I hot cancel it still will bring up the pop-up a total of 3 times.

I’ve tested the site with Safari and it does not bring up this pop-up and doesn’t require the FTP password.

I’m working on a Mac OSX 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) with Firefox v 3.5.3. I’ve asked my hosting provider (godaddy.com) about this and they said they couldn’t find/duplicate the error. I’ve tried this on 2 of my computers (same network) and both are asking for the FTP password. I’ve cleared my browser cache and done multiple restarts and nothing seems to fix the issue. I’m not sure if this is a Firefox issue (however non of my other sites behave this way with Joomla) which leads me to believe this may be an issue with my installation of the JA Helio template.

Is there a fix for this issue? If so, what are the steps involved as I don’t want to loose my current site content. I’ve not made any mods to the template and only have a few Joomla extensions. Even when I remove the Joomla extensions it still ask for the FTP password 3 times (regardless of what button I hit after entering the password “Cancel” or “Ok”.

I appreciate any help/support regarding this issue.

bennitos Friend

Tested here with FF 3.5 here and nothing about a password here.

Can you post a screen shot witch shows the error?

jbcellular Friend

Thank you for the quick reply and taking a look at my site. I’ve attached a screen-shot. Hopefully this helps?

1. Screen-shot-2009-10-12-at-8.25.07-AM
    bennitos Friend

Think that the problem you are having is purly locally. Are you using any firefox plugins that might ask for the ftp password?

jbcellular Friend

I’ve removed any Firefox Plugins and still the same issue. I’ve also tried Mozilla Support without any reply. I’m wondering if Firefox may be tied to FileZilla and could be causing the issue. I’ll try unintalling FileZillia to see if that corrects the problem. Its odd that on 2 machins I’m having the same issue with this one site, but my other sites I’m not having the issue.

Thanks again for the quick replies. I’ll let you know what happens once I uninstall Filezilla.

scotty Friend

Hi, I’m getting the password request here too.

In your JA News Moo module on the right the image paths are
    ftp://XXXX:@XXX.com/templates/ja_helio/images/demo/sam-12.jpg

they shouldn’t be.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum