Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

1. Template Installation like demo version
    This is the guide for you to make your site look like demo, please follow the instructions step by step.

a. In Administration area choose Installers->Templates – Site

b. Click browser and choose template in zip format which you have downloaded from JoomlArt.com and click Upload file & Install

c. Choose JA Hedera as your default template.
    d. Viewing your site now, it will look similar like this

d1. Now it time to create custom position to place modules. Goto Site >> Template Manager >> Module Positions and create positions are: user10, search, gallery
    Here is the image of all positions at the demo page:

e. Our next job is installing JA Content Slider module, goto Menu >> Installers >> Modules and Browse for ja_contentslider package zip file.

f. Goto Modules >> Site Modules and choose JA Content Slider we will got this:

If you want to know which parameter stand for, simply hover your mouse on each parameter.
    Put the module on the position: gallery that we’ve create before. This is the default values at my config page:

• Include Mootools library No
    • Title Show
    • Read More Hide
    • Intro text Show
    • Show image Show
    • Category News/Latest (You should choose the category of your products, I chosen this category cause I don’t have any other category ATM)
    • Linked Titles Yes
    • Number Characters 50
    • Height of div 170
    • Width of div 140
    • Height of image 90
    • Width of image 130
    • Number Element 3
    • Auto run slide No
    • Direction Left
    • Use compression js file No
    • Use Ajax Yes
    • Rolling delay time 5000
    • Animation time 1000

In my case, I only set JA Content Slider appear at homepage:

Now your site look nearly like the demo, go and take a look, cool, isn’t it? 🙂

g. Next we have to push the Login to the right module position. Select module Login and change the position to right

Then we set the menu order like this: “Login Form” 1, “Statistics” 2 then click on Save Order

h. Select the module Polls and set to position left.
    Your module on left position will have order like this:

Now view your site, does it looking good? You will see it still lacking something from the demo page? Yes, there are 2 sample modules we’ve put there, you can create these two module by click New on the Modules page, and put the html code to the Custom Output textbox. However, I will leave these two position for you to put any module you like to.

i. Goto Menu >> mainmenu >> Home and set the parameters as below:
    #Leading: 0
    #Intro: 2
    Columns: 1
    Links: 0

j. And you will say, still got different. Of course it is, since the content are always different from site to site. Now it time to edit your content to make your site more beautiful.
    If you just want the content like the demo page, please follow this link to download the dump SQL file: http://demo.joomlart.com/Archives/ja_hedera_content.sql

You need to delete 3 tables, jos_content, jos_categories, jos_sections and import the SQL file you’ve already download to current database.
    (jos_ is the table prefix, please open the SQL file you’ve already downloaded and change jos_ to your table prefix before import)

Note: This task (j.) is for new installation ONLY and NOT recommended if you already have contents in your database. THIS TASK CAN NOT BE UNDO.

Okay, so enjoy your self with the new template.

2. Modules Introduction

A. JA Content Slider
    Slide your contents with category.
    Feature:
    This module will display your content in a slide. Its will slide one per one content with your direction. When you move your mouse over the image beside slide, The slide’s direction will change with that direction in image and slide will move faster. Then, when you move your mouse out the image, the slide will keep new direction and the slide will move with old speed.
    You can set to use or not use ajax, if you set not module will load all product one time else module will load only one product one time. We advise you should set this option to Yes if you have a lot product and No if you have a few product.

You can:
    – Slide your content with your width and height properties.
    – You can set the number of content will display in a tab.
    – You can set the categories contents will display.
    – You can set display title, link title, introtext, read more text links or not.
    – You can set the slide to auto run or not. Default is yes.
    – Set direction of slide. Default is left
    – Set to use zip javascript file or not. You should chose yes for this option.
    – And the last is set time for rolling delay time and animation time.
    Note: check in your configuration in your site if there isn’t this line “var $absolute_path = ‘your absulute path’;” you have to add its there to run.
    – To run virture Mark on Joomla 1.5 you have to Enable ” System – Legacy ” in plugin Manager.
    – If your site hadn’t import mootools.v1.1 so to run this module you have to remove all comment characters in code On line 78 in mod_ja_contentslide.php file to import mootools v1.1
    Parameters Explain

• Include Mootools library: Choose if you want to include mootool library or not. This module require mootools library ver 1.1x to functions, if your page already included motools library, you don’t need to include it again.
    • Title: Choose show or hide content title
    • Read More: Choose to show or hide Read more… link
    • Intro text: Choose to show or hide content’s intro text
    • Show image: Show the images in the content or not
    • Category: The category that JA Content Slider will display its contents
    • Linked Titles: Make the title link able or not
    • Number Characters: How many characters will be display, set to 0 for unlimited.
    • Height of div: Height of the div will be displayed
    • Width of div: Width of the div will be displayed
    • Height of image: Height of images will be displayed
    • Width of image: Width of images will be displayed
    • Number Element: How many element (items) will be displayed.
    • Auto run slide: The slide will run automatically or not.
    • Direction: Direction for the Auto Run
    • Use compression js file: Use the compressed javascript file or not
    • Use Ajax: Set to use Ajax to get content or not
    • Rolling delay time: The time in millisecond for items change.
    • Animation time: the time in millisecond for animation.

3. Menu Types Configuration

JA Hedera offers you 4 types of our traditional menu. The menus applied are JA Split Menu, JA Suckerfish Menu, Moo Menu and JA DropLine Menu.
    You can view the menu in action here

To choose your menu type, go to the 32nd line in the “ja_hedera/index.php” and change $ja_menutype to what you need.
    1 is Split Menu, 2 is Suckerfish Menu, 3 is Moo Menu, 4 is Dropline Menu

4. Screen Resolution Configuration

JA Hedera allow you to set 2 types of screen resolution. You can easily config JA Hedera template’s width by modifying the Template Configurations part in the “ja_hedera/index.php”.

To choose which screen’s width you want to use, go to the 24th line of the “ja_hedera/index.php” file and change the value of $ja_width_default to ‘wide’ (1024×768), ‘narrow’ (800×600),

Note: If you set your screen resolution to ‘Narrow’, please do the following to prevent broken in template:

1. Set your elements/items in JA Content Slider to ‘2’ instead of ‘3’

2. Set the image from the bottom right smaller:

5. Font Resizer Configuration

You can also configurate the font resizer function. Go to “ja_hedera/index.php” and replace the value of $ja_font_size_default to the size you want. You can choose the font size ranged from 1 upto 6.

6. Colour Configuration

JA Hedera comes with 3 colours, the default blue and the alternate colors. To change default template color, go to line 26th in “ja_hedera/index.php” and change $ja_color_default to the color you want (‘default’, ‘red’, ‘green’)

7. Tools Configuration

To enable/disable the font and resolution resizer, you can use the variable $ja_tool in the 30th line

Set to 0 to disable all, 1 to enable resolution, 2 to enable font tool and 3 to enable both resolution and font, 4 to enable only color, 5 is to enable color and resolution, 6 is to enable color and font and 7 is enable all.

8. Typography

Here are the guideline help you using our pre-built typgraphies to decorate your content.

The New Blockquote (with open and close quote). Use
    <div class=”blockquote”><blockquote>Your quote goes here!</blockquote></div>

The traditional ones are:

The Sticky Note. Use
    <p class=”stickynote “>Your note</p> to form a sticky note

The Download Note.
    Use <p class=”download”>Your note</p> to form a download box

The Block Number. Use <p class=”blocknumber”><span class=”bignumber”>Number</span>Your content</p> to form a block with big number.

We’ve add a new style of block number with a small number style:

And the rating style:
    <div class=”rating”><div class=”rate-1″>Exellent</div><div class=”rate-2″>8.0</div><div class=”rate-3″>Out of 10</div></div>

For the DropCap, please use: <span class=”dropcap”>T</span>

9. Tips & Tricks

To have best presentation like JA Hedera demo, you have to config content item not show on frontpage by these steps:
    In administrator area, go to Menu~Mainmenu and click to Home
    In right zone, you will see Headline, Intro, Link set all of them to 0 to invisible all content in frontpage.

And create your customs module, publish them in user1, user2, user5 modules.

14. Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I want to add a template position in to my Joomla!
    A: Go to your Administration Panel, Site -> Template Manager -> Module Positions. Add your template positions and hit the Save button.

Q: Where can I change my footer?
    A: If you want to change or remove something in the footer, just open the “ja_hedera/footer.php” then modify it to suite your needs.

Q: My images take a lot of white space and do not look good?
    A: The {mosimage} may show some extra padding and margin. To solve this problem, go to your Joomla! Administrator -> Mambots -> Site Mambots and change the margin and padding parameters of MOS Image mambot to 0.

Q: Images without caption are stuck with text?
    A: It is because Joomla! generates the code different when {mosimage} has and doesn’t have its caption. So when you decide that the image will not having a caption, put it between the div tag like this <div class=”mosimage” style=”float: left;”>{mosimage}</div>

Q: What’s a module style? And module class suffix?
    A: Almost modules offer you a parameter called Module Class Suffix. Set a value for this parameter and you will have your module’s appearance differs from the others. JA templates often provide you some module styles which can be found in Module Styles area of the guide.

Q: I changed my default color/font/resolution but when I refresh the page, it didn’t change?
    A: JA template use client’s cookie to save your preferences. If you made change to default value, please close the browser, open a blank new window and then clear the browser’s cookie. You’ll see the new preferences applied.

Q: Some of my menu looks horrible. Why?
    A: Menus in JA templates are designed with the most semantic mark up are used over the net, it’s the list style. If you made change to the menu type, go to you menu module and change the menu type parameter to Flat List. It will solve the problem.

Q: I want to change some graphic contents
    A: PSD/PNG files and fonts can be found in the template’s source package. Please download the file at our download page in case you need to modify something.

Q: It’s just a template, why need so many steps to configure and install?
    A: No, it’s more than just a template. The package we provided included template and related modules, components and source files. The page you see in our demo site is the set of template + module + component. If you want to make your site look like the demo page, you need to follow our instructions above.

Menalto Friend

Doesnt switch to orange header?
    Flickering dropline menu
    color changes icons enlarged in ie6 ++++++

linkery Friend

Also no GZIP page compression is available with content slider active

anonno Friend

Is there any documentation for 1.5 rc3 like this ?

Jorge Perez Friend

For the content slider to work…
    In what file should I add “var $absolute_path = ‘your absulute path’;”
    Is te in the cofiguration.php or index.php ?

Thanks for your Help
    Jorge

trraacy Friend

You mention using the position “gallery” that was created before, but I’m not finding the instructions for that.

Tried browsing through this forum and searching but part of the problem is that “gallery” is a fairly common term used here in the forums.

Would appreciate it if you took a moment to point me towards that.

Thanks in advance,
    Tracy

joomla_walker Friend

You can login to Administrator and click on this menu: Site >> Template Manager >> Module Positions
    Then just simply enter “gallery” in to the text box

trraacy Friend

This userguider has been updated. Please find new userguide below:
    – For Joomla 1.0
    – For Joomla 1.5

Daniel McIntosh Friend

<em>@Menalto 29924 wrote:</em><blockquote>Flickering dropline menu
    color changes icons enlarged in ie6 ++++++</blockquote>

I am having the same problems.

The dropline menu flickers as it loads – can this load smoother and/or faster?

The menu graphics dont hover with the correct graphic in IE 6, but works fine in other browsers.

Any way to fix these issues, specifically the IE6 issue??

davidp Friend

I searched the forum, but the problem I get seems to be unique. Immediately after uploading the 1.5 Hedera zip file, I get the following error:

<blockquote>Warning: zip_entry_read() [function.zip-entry-read]: The bytes parameter must greater then zero in /home/****/public_html/****/home/libraries/joomla/filesystem/archive/zip.php on line 239</blockquote>

xyzb Friend

Could you please fix the z-index issue with the header/main and sub-menu? If I use lightbox to display images the header blocks the entire image from displaying. I fixed this by changing the z-index but the sub menu is partially hidden when I run the Joomlaworks slideshow in the slideshow module position. I tried to change the z on the submenu and I still am having issues.

Thanks

davidyv Friend

Please fix the banner bug:

search the following code in index.php:
    <jdoc:include type=”module” name=”banner” />
    change to:
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”banner” />

JA Hedera for Joomla 1.5 V1.4

amyjustine Friend

In IE, on wide screens, like 1680 etc., the entire header displays on the left, while the rest of the body is centered.

This can be confirmed with the demo version that is online at Joomlart.

Screenshot from the JA demo is attached.

Hopefully this can be fixed soon since the template is used twice and a lot of work went into it in either case.

regards
    amy

1. test2
    Phill Moderator

I’ve just tried this and it works fine for me in FF and IE7. I’ve tried every res up to 1920*1440 including 1680*1050

amyjustine Friend

hi phil, thanks for checking this in IE7.
    the screeshot was taken with IE8, at 1680×1050, from the joomlart demo site.
    given it probably wont go away in IE8, it would require attention, i guess

(ill be checking with IE7 myself shortly when i get the chance and then report back.)
    regards
    amy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  xyzb 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum