Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Fairly new to Joomla, working with the JA Fubix template. My goal is to use it to run a couple of blogs and articles etc. nothing related to sports.

My plan is to use the K2 module to run the site. I have started going over the user guide and other instructions about the template and I do have a couple of questions.

1. Will things work well if I use K2 to import all the Joomla content into k2?

2. What will the effects be if any should I disable/un-publish the menu items that I don’t plan on using?

3. I think importing everything into K2 will allow me to maintain the default home page that one gets from the Quick Start template?

Thanks for any answers.

Saguaros Moderator

Greetings mgl908,

<blockquote>1. Will things work well if I use K2 to import all the Joomla content into k2?</blockquote>
    >> It will work normally, the same with k2 item that you create by yourself manually

<blockquote>2. What will the effects be if any should I disable/un-publish the menu items that I don’t plan on using?</blockquote>
    >> Will not effect anything at all

<blockquote>3. I think importing everything into K2 will allow me to maintain the default home page that one gets from the Quick Start template?</blockquote>

>> Importing Joomla content into K2 will help your site have content for K2 component, Joomla content still persists on your site and it will not effect the home page that gets from quickstart package.

Hope these make senses.

Regards

mgl908 Friend

Thanks, I tried a new K2 category, item and a menu. The item displayed alright when I browsed to it but the it was missing the other modules etc. I think I will need a little help figuring out the menu and setting up a page or two etc.
    How about I play with it for a while and then get back to you for some help?

Saguaros Moderator

<blockquote>but the it was missing the other modules etc</blockquote>
    >> You need to check the ‘Page assignment’ section in backend of module, assign it to page you want it displays

If your site is online now, you can post your site url here and tell me how you want to accomplish.

Otherwise, you can play with demo site which can be created via Demo Builder tool in http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_fubix

Regards

mgl908 Friend

Basically I created a category, then an article and then a menu. I did not create a menu module because the main menu is already created so that could be part of my problem.
    I will upload to a site, import everything into K2 and then let you know what I want to do etc.
    Thanks.

mgl908 Friend

Just to let you know I have a test site online and that I have sent you a private message. Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Could you tell me more details of which modules and in which page they are missing ? You can also pm me admin account of your site so that I can check further.

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum