Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JA Frontpage Rotator and JA Bulletin are occasionally picking up an image that belongs to a different article. Why is this happening? How can I specify the correct image? On Facebook, for example, every time I post a URL for a story, FB gives me all of the pictures in the article to choose from. Is this possible on Teline IV? Best regards, Skip

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Can i see your site please? The situation you describe sounds very strange and i would like to take a closer look so i can identify if this is a bug or something else!

Regards

Manos

dlconover Friend

Dear Manos,

Thank you for this reply from a couple of weeks back. Yes, you may certainly see my site. It is http://archetypeinaction.com . This is still a persistent problem in that the front page rotator and ja-bulletin items sometimes pick up images not in the article highlighted.

I have started to work around by removing the offending image from the directory where it was, and putting it under one of the generic directories in the images section, like food. When I do this and cleand clean all of the caches I can normally get the correct image to be picked up, but it is completely unclear why this problem is happening, since when you go to the primary article, the correct pictures are shown (of course, with my workaround, I have to access the picture from its new location).

If you have any ideas, they would be welcome.

Best regards, Skip

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Is there a chance that you have joomla cache plugin enabled or joomla cache from global configuration ?

I have faced conflicts on Joomla Cache and JAT3 which sounds correct if you think that by enabling both cache systems will probably bring unwanted results.

Regards

dlconover Friend

I’m not sure what you mean by a “joomla cache plugin”. I went into the module for rotator and disabled the cache, which was set at 900. Is that what you meant? I had already set the global configuration cache on “no” long ago, but the site still seems to do caching all of the time. I don’t know why.

Thanks for your advice!

Best regards, Skip

Manos Moderator

If you go to plugin manager there is a plugin (core plugin) called “cache” see if that’s enabled because if it is then we have the reason for this problem.

Also you can set CSS and JS optimization to NO from template settings as this also triggers some of the caching functions on JAT3

Regards

dlconover Friend

It turned out that the Joomla Cache plugin and the Global configuration cache were both disabled; but I’m still getting plenty of caching when I go to “clear cache”. I misinterpreted what you said, and when to the “System-Cache” in the plugin manager, enabled it, but then selected “no caching”. That did not fix it, so I have now disabled the “System-Cache” plugin, as you seem to suggest in this instruction.

I am doing a workaround of this problem by moving images to another directory, like “food” or “fruit” when I find they are being picked up improperly. I then tell the article they’re in about the new location. This is time consuming, of course.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

If moving your images to another directory works then this is probably a permission issue ( or at least it sounds like one ) can you please check with your host if this is the problem?

Regards

Manos

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum